Chapter 18: Bucky

Amber flames dance sending shadows darting across the roof, the candles leaving such strong scents in their burning state. I still couldn't sleep in the dark. It was funny really, the one person I love and cherish the most was the cause of one of my only fears. But I didn't blame her. It wasn't her fault, it was my own really. She just showed me the truth and it scared me.

It was late. Sleep wasn't coming to me tonight, which wasn't a rare occurrence my brain instead falling into overdrive, overthinking every possible outcome to this accords situation.

My mattress offers little comfort as I lay on my back staring into the dimly lit ceiling, my hands fidget behind my head mindlessly wrapping strands of my hair around my fingers. Wanda's head rests on stomach sleeping soundly with one arm tucked underneath me and the other relaxing on my thigh.

I take this time to admire her, a small smile growing at her perfect features, the candle light doing her a great deal of justice. She is my rock. My everything. Murmuring a little she nuzzles deeper into my stomach scrunching her nose slightly at whatever had set her off in her dream state.

My negative thoughts slowly drift away as my gaze falls upon the witch, whether its due to my eyes closing or Wanda's manipulation of my mind I can't  tell. All I can feel is her head rising and falling with my stomach as I slowly drift into unconsciousness.

[]

A gentle touch of my face causes my eyes to snap open only to be met with enticing green eyes staring down at me. "Morning моя любовь." I whisper leaning up to kiss Wanda's lips. Wanda mirrors my movement catching me halfway before pulling back with a sigh and sitting on my stomach, her legs on either side, straddling me.

"You ok?" My fingers catch a piece of her hair placing it behind her ear waiting for her to explain her problems. "I had another nightmare... Only this time instead of Pietro dying it was all the children... the ones I killed in the building." She hesitates as if saying it would make me hate her.

Carefully I place my hands on her cheeks rubbing away the stray tears that fall. "It's gonna hurt for a little bit baby. But it's not your fault. Your were protecting Steve, you didn't know what would happen alright. Don't blame yourself." I whisper attempting to console the guilt ridden witch before me.

"I'm dangerous. Stark was right. They are gonna take me away sooner or later. Maybe it's for the best." Wanda's figure abandons my stomach instead moving to sit beside me with a frown. Her words cause a searing pain in the pit of my stomach. "No. Stark was just angry, he's not seeing straight. Your not dangerous, your young. You don't have any idea of the power you hold yet baby. Your so strong and powerful, and we all love you for it. I love you for it. They aren't going to take you away. I wont let them. I will protect you with everything I have my love, everything."

Gently I take Wanda's hands in my own, gripping them tighter as she attempts to pull away. "Your. Not. Dangerous." I repeat placing a kiss on her knuckles after every word. Crimson red coats her cheeks finally allowing her hands to stay put. "I love you." She mutters tightening her fingers around my hand. "I love you too Wands." I reply drawing the witch impossibly close to me peppering her face with kisses.

"Morning breath." She recoils jokingly pushing my face away from her own. I fall back and place a hand over my heart mock offended at her words. "Morning breath? MORNING BREATH? I'll have you know my breath smells delightful." I huff blowing a stream of air into my girlfriends face. Her nose scrunches in disgust. "Mm yuck. Go brush your teeth." She chuckles throwing a pillow at my head.

Seeing her smile, genuinely smile makes my heart beat excessively almost out of my chest. "I'll brush my teeth for you my принцесса." Wanda rolls her eyes at my flirting but her smile couldn't be contained.