madrigal family (5:7)

an au in which the madrigal
family are done with being used
and resort to anger and villainous
tendencies.

(this isnt an x reader but the idea
has been in my head for yonks so)

—————————

Chapter One
Mirabel
"I'm heading straight for the castle."

Mirabel hunched over and hung out the window, her hands gripping onto the edge. Her teeth were clenched and her eyes were squeezed shut. The overwhelming shouting from the town's distaste towards her made her realise that, if she didn't have a gift, she wasn't worth it to any of them. She sobbed to herself, speaking through a tightened jaw,
"Sick of all these people talking..." She slammed her fist on one of the tiles, "Sick of all this noise."

Almost a rush of some sort of adrenaline ran through her as she straightened her posture and relaxed her arms, them hanging at her sides. It almost felt as she had been lifted into the air.

It all went silent in her ears for a moment, as if something or someone was covering them to release her from the strain of having nothing. It was like she had been answered. She blinked her eyes a couple of times, with each one fading from brown into more of a red colour. Her skirt flushed into a deep, violet colour instead of the royal blue she usually had. The window blinds slammed shut and the room went dark, only two small candles lighting it up.
After a couple of minutes, she was released from the floating grip, landing on all fours. Mirabel breathed heavily, shaking slightly. She looked up toward the door, smirking as she got up off of the floor. She knew exactly what she needed to do.

"Oh, the encanto's got no idea what's coming..." She chuckled, taking quick strides towards the door handle. As she touched it, almost an electric spark bounced off. A shiver went down her spine, her eyes glowing slightly.

She hurried out the door, knowing exactly who to taunt first. Mirabel peaked around corners, making sure nobody could see her just yet. The door she was heading for shone in her face and with a hiss, she covered her eyes. She knocked on the door gently.

"Camilo~" She dragged, "Can i come in? I need to speak to you."

Mirabel cracked open the door, seeing Camilo practicing and trying on different people in the mirror. When he noticed Mirabel, he shifted back to his normal self, "Aye, prima!"

Camilo walked toward her, however as she stepped into the light, he noticed the colour of her skirt had changed, "Woah, new colour?" He jokingly asked, then looking at her eyes.

"Uhm, Mira?" He questioned, as she walked toward him with her hands behind her back, Mirabel sighed.

"Agh Cami, don't you see..." She stared at him with a devious smirk on her face, walking behind her cousin. "The town doesn't want us, or even you, when you don't have a gift... or unless you're someone else."

Camilo looked at his hands, checking he was still himself, "What? Why are you acting like this?"

Mirabel laughed, grabbing a chair and pushing it behind him. She grabbed his shoulders, pushing him down onto it and wrapping her arm around them, she then whispered calmly into his ear, "I'm already choking on my pride, so there's no use crying about it."

Camilo tried to get up, however invisible restraints seemed to keep him from moving. Mirabel stood up straight, curling a strand of Camilo's hair around her finger. She looked at him with sad eyes, "Don't you want to live a better life, primo?"

Mirabel stepped away from him, closing the blinds on his window, leaving no light at all. Camilo heard rushing footsteps from all around him, before finally stopping. He couldn't make out exactly where until a match was lit in front of him. He flinched back, squinting his eyes at the sudden light. Mirabel stared at the flame she had created, lighting a small candle stick and blowing the match out. She then threw it on the floor.

"I'm heading straight for the castle." Mirabel smirked widely, looking Camilo in his now widened eyes. "I'm gonna be their queen, Cami..."

Camilo's eyes started to burn as Mirabel brought the candle closer to his face. He tried to move away, however the restraint of fear was holding him down. He blinked his eyes a couple of times, them fading to the same colour as Mirabel's.

"There you go." Mira grinned, taking the candle away from his face and blowing out the melting flame. Camilo let out a shaky breath, trying to make out Mirabel against the darkness. He felt a tight grip around his shoulders, a light brightening in front of him. "Can't you just see it, Camilo? Me, ruling over a whole kingdom!"

Mirabel created a picture in front of the bright light. She released Camilo from her grip and brought her fists to her chest, jumping around excitedly. The restraint was released off of Camilo as his ruana became a blood red colour. He started to quicken his breath, watching as Mirabel made her way to his door.

"Just remember Camilo, you, yourself, don't even think you're good enough without being someone else." She looked back at his panicked face, "Imagine how the town feels about you. Probably think you're a wolf in sheep's clothing."

Mirabel opened the door, giggling to herself as she happily skipped away. Camilo tipped himself off of the chair, barely crawling toward the door and slamming it shut. He sat with his back against it, shivering as the words Mirabel had just said ran through his head quickly. He hid his face in his arms, tightly gripping his legs to his chest.

"Stop." He whispered to himself, "Stop, stop, stop!"

Camilo finally screamed, covering his ears. There was the silence he was waiting for. A feeling of floating freedom picked him out of his position, the same way it did with Mirabel. The silence protected him from the harsh, damaging words, but it didn't protect him from seeking revenge. As the adrenaline he was fighting earlier seeped through his body, the presence let go, dropping him back onto the floor.
He stood up, brushing himself off and clicking his fingers against his jaw.

"I'll show you a wolf in sheep's clothing."