bruno (1:7)

you are in your 40's-50's

set after bruno returned home.

can't sleep love.
lyrics are in italics.

————————————

Bruno grumbled to himself, picking at his food at the lunch table and resting his hand on his cheek. Julieta noticed this, giving him a small nudge.

"Everything alright, hermano?" She asked, noticing he was acting strange. He turned to look at her, nodding slowly before turning back, sitting up straight and biting the skin on the inside of his lip.

"Julieta," He began, "Tell me, am i going crazy?"

She furrowed her brows, placing her silverware down on her plate and turning her body toward him. Bruno noticed and did the same, looking down.

"I want to find someone, someone that i can have a family with..." He shook his head, Julieta placing a gentle hand on both of his and picking up his head.

"Am i just afraid of loving?" Bruno sighed, looking his sister in the eyes and shrugging his shoulders slowly, cocking his head and holding his hands close to his chest, "Or am i not the loving kind?"

Julieta tutted, "Brunito, you are worth so much love." She cupped his cheeks and put her forehead on his, "And you will find someone, just like Pepa and I."

"But i've tried, Julieta..." Bruno stood up calmly, still hunching over slightly, "Nobody wants to be with me 'cause i have a bad reputation."
He used bunny fingers to make sense of the non-existent 'bad reputation', sadly walking away from his sister and taking a rat out of his ruana, feeding it a small piece of an arepa he had taken.

-

When Bruno laid in his bed, he placed an arm over his eyes, speaking to himself.

"Kissing in the moonlight, telenovela's on a late night," He began, turning to where his rats were cosying up, "It's all getting old."

The rats looked at him strangely, almost as if they were trying to tell him something. Bruno sat up quickly, putting his head in his hands and rubbing his eyes.

"It's supposed to be hot, but it's just cold." He sighed, finally striking a light bulb. He slipped on his sandals and ruana, walking out of his renovated room and outside to his vision square. He sat on his knees, making a pile of sticks, four heaps of sand and sprinkling leaves onto them. He then sat back, crossing his legs and breathing deeply, getting himself into a state of meditation. Bruno thought to himself of what he wanted his vision to be.

Somebody wake up my heart, light me up and set fire to my soul.

The sand began to rise and the wind started to pick up. Bruno opened his eyes, the green shine lighting up the dark, gloomy sky.
Pepa walked out to her balcony, clearing the overcast that formed over her due to being woken up. She saw Bruno creating a vision without anyone there, curious to what he was doing. She quietly leaned over, watching as he began his vision, not that Pepa could see through the sand anyway.

Bruno searched around in his vision, and one person kept catching his eye, only no face was to be seen. Out of frustration, he ended the spiral. Letting the plaque fall and pulling his skin on his face upward with his palm.