Chapter 10. Day Out

Alina

"Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmm."

"Would you pick one already? It's been ten fucking minutes!" Bakugou shouted flailing his fists.

"I'll go with this one." I held up the paint swatch with the lavender purple.

"Finally." Bakugou barked snatching it from my hand.

"You know, I decided nine minutes ago. I just like to annoy you." I teased watching Bakugou turn red from the neck up. Before he could completely blow up I moved on to the next step.

By the time I had finished shopping it was getting close to lunch.

"Do you wanna grab a bite?" Bakugou asked.

I froze and slowly turned.

Does he-

"No! Why would I grab a bite? I'm fine." I panicked. Did he know my secret? I had plenty of blood this morning but mentioning it made me a bit thirsty again.

"Suit yourself, but I'm starving. Since I can't leave you alone, you're coming with me so I can eat." Bakugou grabbed my wrist and pulled me along the street.

We stopped outside of a small restaurant.

Ooh, he meant food.

We were seated at a secluded booth near the back of the restaurant. Bakugou had his nose in a menu while I looked about the dimly lit place. It was quiet even for lunch.

"What made you pick this place?" I asked glancing about the dimly lit area.

The restaurant was small and there were only a few tables. The lights above were shaded with deep green blown glass not providing much light. The darker wood panels clashed against the pale wood of the floors.

The menus were a dark green with pale yellow lettering. Their food was mostly curry based with a few appetizers and side dishes.

"Not good enough for her highness?" He rolled his eyes.

"No, you just didn't strike me as a curry kind of guy." I shrugged. I had curry often growing up because it was easy to make and our cook had traveled and picked up a bunch of recipes. My mother was particularly in favor of the sweeter curry.

I frowned thinking of her. It would often be the two of us sharing a meal at our long table in the quiet dining hall. Unless I was in the lab with an IV in my arm, I would try to make dinner with her as much as possible.

"Well?" Bakugou raised a brow.

"What?" I blinked and reached out for my glass of tap water.

"I asked if you were gonna eat something or not." Bakugou snorted in annoyance.

Biting down on my lip I realised I wasn't being very polite. Bakugou though sort of forced to babysit me, had been helpful today despite his small tantrums of impatience.

"Thank you." I managed to say.

Bakugou nearly spit out his water. He raised a brow at me and leered in my direction suspiciously.
"What for?" He hummed.

"You've been helpful today, and I know you had better things to do so I'm grateful you spent the day with me." I dropped my shoulders.

Bakugou seemed taken aback by my honesty and I had to admit I was too. I didn't know him very well, and he was certainly rough around the edges, but then again so was I. I wasn't versed well with social interacting, so it wasn't fair for me to expect something great out of him.

Especially when he didn't even want to be here in the first place.

"So you didn't tell me why you picked this place." I looked around the small restaurant with new eyes. It was cozy, and charming. Sort of-intimate.