Chapter 4 - The Fall of The Sun

The Festival

Tommy and Wilbur snuck through the forest, they had found out that in fact they had found out that they were not, in fact, invited to the festival. Tommy and Wilbur sneak around the docks to get a better view of the festival. They meet up with Techno, exchange a few rushed words, then connect over the radio. While they find a hiding place, Wilbur continues to act laid-back as Tommy brain's goes haywire with nerves. Tommy passes an iron helmet he found in a chest to Wilbur. The man begrudgingly puts it on, the only piece of armor he allows for the day. They sneak back all the way to Eret's tower where Wilbur checks his watch. "We don't actually have to do this, do we? I mean look, they all look so happy. Your son is down there, Nemesis is down there. Aren't they going to get hurt Achilles? What about Apo-" Tommy was cut off by Wilbur. "What about them, Icarus? They are traitors, all of them. If they really wanted to help us take down The Minotaur, they would be in this call helping us like Theseus is." Tommy shook his head, "I wanna have- I wanna have one last minute. Come with me, come with me," he heads towards the tower. Wilbur starts to sing that all too familiar musical, "One last time~ I'm excited, Icarus! I'm having a great time!" Tommy is tense, "Achilles, look at me! Look at me." "Mhm, " Wilbur mindlessly pushes a button on the ground. "Please, don't do this. You don't have to blow it all up- What the hell?!"

Tommy jumps back as the button Wilbur pressed triggers a mechanism in the broken gate of the tower. Each creaking piston shifts back into its original position after a few seconds. Tommy tries the button again, and the same sequence plays. Wilbur smiles like a mischievous child, "I like buttons." "You don't have to do this...! You-" Tommy huffs, "Achilles, this is our home! You- We can take it back, man!" Wilbur just groans and yawns, "I've invested so much into this now, Icarus." Tommy had begun to get frustrated, he wasn't listening. He had this idea that they were villains when they weren't, "We're not the villains!" Wilbur suddenly began yelling "WE ARE THE VILLAINS, ICARUS! We didn't win the election and we're tryna fight for it back! Look how nice this place looks under The Minotaur!" he gestured to Manberg, "Look how lovely Schlatt has made this place! Look at it! Look at the sun setting over Manberg!" Tommy was flabbergasted, "Then why would you blow it all- Why-" He cut off in desperation, "You don't have to be a villain Achilles! We can be the heroes! This place is not better under The Minotaur!"

Wilbur continued to shout and Tommy worried it would give them away. "Because if no- If I can't have it, no one can, Icarus! I've said this before." Wilbur looked out over Manberg, oh how beautiful it would be once gone, "No one should be allowed this... No one... no one can have happiness" he paused, "It's-" He laughed mid sentence seeing Tommy watching the sunset. He knew what he was thinking about. "Tommy, you're my friend today, okay? You can have your grievances with me later, but today you're my friend, you're my ally. Just, stick with me, just this once." Tommy just looked at his brother in disbelief. All they had fought for and he just wanted to blow it up. All be cause he couldn't have it. He was like a child that had lost it's toy. Destroying it so that no other kids could play. "Just, get ready. Just all- You're- You're not an accomplice here, you're just a viewer, you're- you're- you watch-" his volume raised again, "You're a witness! Witness! That's the word I was looking for." Wilbur said. He sounded crazy to Tommy but he just kept looking away, hoping Wilbur would understand. But he only continued hi crazed rant, "You're a witness, Tommy, alright? You don't have to worry. You were just there. You know? Me, however, I'll take the fall. I'll take the fall, Icarus" Tommy had given up and gave a quiet, "Okay." "See? I'm not so crazy, Tommy! I know what I'm doing! Come...!" Wilbur said excitedly heading towards the tower. He said that last part as if trying to convince himself. "Now time to watch the festivities," Tommy said sadly, looking over the crowd spotting his beloved friend. "Please get out of there Apollo," he said quietly. He continued to watch, getting more worried by the minute, as the pre-festival activities ensued. And then the speech. Tubbo got to speak first and once done, Schlatt got up. 'What's he doing? This isn't the plan!' He looked at Wilbur, "What's The Minotaur doing? Why is he making a speech?!" "Just listen, Icarus. We'll find out soon enough I guess," Wilbur replied, he was biting on his knuckle worriedly.