vii. turkey day

―

Marty sat in Central Perk with Ross, Phoebe and Chandler, reading a book, as Rachel went around, asking customers for an advance on her tips, glancing up when Monica entered the coffee house.

"Hey, Mon."

"Hey, Marty," The woman smiled, before turning to her brother, "Hey. Ross, did you know Mom and Dad are going to Puerto Rico for Thanksgiving?"

Ross stared at her, "No, they're not."

"Yes, they are," Monica nodded, "The Blymens invited them."

"You're wrong." Ross denied.

"I am not wrong." Monica told him.

Ross' voice cracked, "You're wrong."

"No, I just talked to them." Monica shook her head.

Ross stood up, upset, "I'm calling Mom." He decided, before going to use the phone at the back of the coffee house, when Joey entered, his face looking abnormally colourful.

"Hey, hey." He smiled, the group greeting him back.

"And this from the cry-for-help department. Are you wearing makeup?" Chandler asked, cocking his head.

"Yes, I am. As of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani, actor slash model." The man nodded with a grin.

"Hey, you managed to blend the colour in with your neck," Marty noted, putting her book in her bag, "Nice."

"That's so funny, 'cause I was thinking you look more like Joey Tribbiani, man slash woman." Chandler said.

"What were you modelling for?" Phoebe asked.

"You know those posters for the city free clinic?" Joey told them.

"Oh, wow, so you're gonna be one of those 'healthy, healthy, healthy guys'?" Monica realised, earning a nod.

"You know, the asthma guy was really cute." Phoebe gasped, the other two girls agreeing.

"Do you know which one you're gonna be?" Chandler wondered.

"No, but I hear Lyme disease is open, so..." Joey crossed his fingers.

"Good luck, man. I hope you get it." Chandler nodded, reading his paper, making Marty choke on her hot chocolate in amusement.

"Thanks."

Ross then came back to the couch, "Well, you were right," He said to his sister, "How can they do this to us, huh? It's Thanksgiving."

"Ok, I'll tell you what. How about I cook dinner at my place? I'll make it just like Mom's." Monica promised.

"Will you make the mashed potatoes with the lumps?" Ross perked up.