xii. marcel's send off

―

Sat around the table at Monica and Rachel's apartment, everyone was looking at papers.

"How could someone get a hold of your credit card number?" Joey wondered, passing Marty another document, the girl handling it delicately, afraid of another papercut ordeal, as Scott had already run out of platers since the last time.

"I have no idea," Monica shrugged, "But look how much they spent!"

"Monica, would you calm down?" Rachel asked her, "The credit card people said that you only have to pay for the stuff that you bought."

"I know. It's just such reckless spending." The youngest Geller sighed.

"I think when someone steals your credit card, they've kind of already thrown caution to the wind." Ross told her

"Wow, what a geek," Chandler chuckled, "They spent $69.95 on a Wonder Mop."

Marty gave Chandler a look, picking up said Wonder Mop that was leaned against the fridge.

Monica gave him a look, "That's me."

"It is a wonderful mop." Marty nodded, inspecting the cleaning tool.

"Oh! The yuk! Ross, he's doing it again!" Phoebe then cried, pointing to a lamp, which was shaking behind the sofa.

"Marcel, stop humping the lamp! Stop humping! Now Marcel, come back-" Ross ineffectively tried to stop the ape, only for Marcel to run toward Rachel's room, "Come here, Marcel-"

"Oh no, not in my room! I'll get him." Rachel sighed, storming after the monkey.

"Ross, you've got to do something about the humping." Monica told her brother.

"What? It's, it's just a phase." Ross shrugged.

"Well, that's what we said about Joey." Chandler told him.

"Would you all relax?" Ross asked them, "It's not that big a deal."

"Ross," Marty sighed, "You know I absolutely adore Marcel, but if he humps my leg one more time, I might just lose it."

"Stop it! Marcel! Bad monkey!" Rachel shouted from her bedroom.

"What?" Ross sighed through gritted teeth.

Rachel glared at Ross as she came out of her room, "Let's just say my Curious George doll is no longer curious."

Marty frowned, "Oh, not George."