Chapter 8

Why are we fighting ? Why do I care ? oh yeah...you used to be my best friend

Kageyama walked down the street to Hinata's house feeling confident and finally ready to confront him, he needed to get this off his chest and talk with the one he once called his boyfriend/best friend.

Tsukishima had proposed to come with him but he gently refused; he needed to do this alone, as he walked to his house flashbacks of his time with Hinata surfaced.

Maybe you don't like talking too much about yourself

But you should've told me that you were thinkin' 'bout someone else

You're drunk at a party or maybe it's just that your car broke down

Your phone's been off for a couple months, so you're calling me now

We can see a drunk Hinata kissing Osamu at a party while Kageyama glares at him, after this incident he tried to call him but Hinata would just ignore him.

know you, you're like this

When shit don't go your way you needed me to fix it

And like me, I did

But I ran out of every reason

A flash of Kageyama helping Hinata in volleyball and laughing with him, before his phone rang with Kenma's face showing, Hinata then immediately dropped the ball to respond and then left for Kenma's house.

Now suddenly you're asking for it back

Could you tell me, where'd you get the nerve?

Yeah, you could say you miss all that we had

But I don't really care how bad it hurts

When you broke me first

You broke me first

Another flash of an argument between Hinata and Kageyama about his friends being a little too touchy with him in his honor before Hinata walked away in anger leaving a crying Kageyama. Days later he came back with flowers and an apology.

Took a while, was in denial when I first heard

That you moved on quicker than I could've ever, you know that hurt

Swear for a while I would stare at my phone just to see your name

But now that it's there, I don't really know what to say

Back when he discovered Hinata cheating on him with Yamaguchi, he stared at his phone all night crying but Hinata never texted him after this.

I know you, you're like this

When shit don't go your way you needed me to fix it

And like me, I did

But I ran out of every reason

Now suddenly you're asking for it back

Could you tell me, where'd you get the nerve?

Yeah, you could say you miss all that we had

But I don't really care how bad it hurts

When you broke me first

You broke me first

Kageyama wiped his tears as he nodded to Hinata's mother, he took a big breath and walked to his ex bedroom.

What did you think would happen?

I'll never let you have it

What did you think would happen?

He stood in front of the door for a good minute before knocking.

Now suddenly you're asking for it back

Could you tell me, where'd you get the nerve?

Yeah, you could say you miss all that we had

But I don't really care how bad it hurts

When you broke me first

You broke me first

(You broke me first)

You broke me first, oh

Hinata opened the door and stood shocked. "Are you going to let me come in or what ?" laughed the raven, Hinata still in shock let the raven come into his room. It was a disaster, clothes were everywhere, papers and pictures of the two were also everywhere.

"What are y-you doing here ?" said Hinata, Kageyama turned around to look at him "your mother called me" he simply said before handing the tangerine a bag. "What is this ?" asked the tangerine, "food" he gently grabbed the bag and sat on his bed.

Silence was all you could hear in the room as Hinata ate the food Kageyama made for him, Kageyama observed the tangerine and saw that he had lost a lot of weight and that he looked like he cried more than once.

"I'm sorry..." suddenly said Hinata looking at the food tears in his eyes, Kageyama eyes softened as the other continued to talk "i was an asshole to you and i know that you will never forgive me for everything but just know that i'm sorry and that i hope in the future we can be b-best friend again" he said smiling to his once best friend.

"You're right I can't forgive you like that but...maybe in the near future i can for now let's just act normal with each other ok ?" said the raven petting Hinata's hair as he cried harder, he could feel his own tears running down his cheeks.

He finally sat beside him and they talked and talked all day before Kageyama finally went back home with a smile on his face. Tsukishima called him and he told him everything, he was happy for him and even said that he talked to Yamaguchi and the two were cool now.

Life was finally getting better.

I cried while writing this chapter. I really like putting songs in my fanfictions :)

Anyway, two chapters are left I'm not ready to let this story go :(