a.b - that way

friends don't look at friends that way

y/n let out a yawn as she and the rest of the ducks skated onto the ice as they went to meet the new ducks

y/n let out a yawn as she and the rest of the ducks skated onto the ice as they went to meet the new ducks. adam smiled wrapping an arm around her shoulders causing a fluttery feeling in her chest, "it's 11 in the morning, how are you still tired?" he joked leaning closer to her.

"it's still the morning, i could be sleeping right now." she gently leaned her head on his arm as they faced the new players of their team, adam stared at her for a moment longer than needed but soon turned to face the new players.

"he's a pretty good lookin skater." connie commented catching y/n's attention, "ooh who?" adam had a strange feeling in his chest watching the girl lean forward to see who connie was talking about. he gently pulled her back to him, "you're going to pop an eye out looking for that guy."

"not even, it's obviously him." she motioned towards the hispanic boy with a blue and orange jersey. adam fought the urge to scoff. noticing connie smirking at him, he shot her a look before turning back to the front.

"come on, y/nnie, let's go introduce ourselves." connie took the h/c girl's hand and lead her over to the hispanic boy as the other ducks went to shoot pucks at goldberg and the new goalie, julie.

adam watched the two girls interact with the male, feeling his knuckles clench seeing her laugh at something he had said. "calm down, dude, there is steam coming out of your ears."

he turned around abruptly after feeling charlie patting him on the shoulders, "there is not." he rolled his eyes again before going to take a shot at julie's net which he made.

"good job, banksy!" he felt himself smile at the praise from the girl, bombay cheered for him as well but it didn't make his heart beat fasten.

"come on, luis, show us what you got." y/n teased as she quickly skated away from him and connie, "better go, she's the fastest on our team and she can stop." connie mentioned as luis quickly followed after the girl, whom had snatched the puck from averman and made a shot against goldberg.

"lucky shot l/n! won't happen again." he called to her, the last part being quieter knowing she'd do it again if she'd heard him. "not bad, pretty girl." luis winked at her causing her to laugh and shoot him her usual grin.

"yeah well, let's see if you're any good." they skated to the other side where julie was, luis took the puck and tried to score but ended up crashing into julie. "yikes." y/n mumbled as she helped them both up.

nothing everyone going to argue with one another, she stood back while they did, since she didn't have anything to be mad at. she thought she made some new friends so she watched the argument going down. bombay had quickly broken them up and made them all play again.