d.r - cutie

i'm at a field of dandelions

a groan left the cherry pink painted lips of y/n as mindy began to sing 'i think we're alone now' by tiffany, it was off key and horrendous

a groan left the cherry pink painted lips of y/n as mindy began to sing 'i think we're alone now' by tiffany, it was off key and horrendous. scooter chuckled from the seat beside the angry girl but didn't comment on it. rick sent a glare her way while mindy sent her a scowl.

"shut up, you stink." y/n commented tilting her head to the side while the dean spoke some nonsense, mindy scoffed looking at rick with a pouty face, "my sister is so mean."

"aww did i hurt your little feelings? i thought bitches like you didn't have the time to feel, sorry." the group of kids in front of her laughed, rick started to threaten them but the blonde girl in front of them shut him down quickly.

the one with a cowboy hat stuck his hand out towards y/n. at first she was annoyed until their eyes met immediately a smile fell on her lips at his cuteness but cole shut him down and put a piece of gum in his hand. "eww." she whined as scooter gently patted her arm before she sent the varsity an annoyed look.

"why do you guys always have to be such jerks?... sorry about that cutie." she winked at the cowboy, who flushed a shade of pink as he turned back to look at the dean obviously flustered. "don't flirt with these low lives."

"yeah, whatever, but don't mess with this one." the varsity sent her a glare except for scooter, who was giving the blondie heart eyes. the cowboy, visibly played with his hands due to the girls flirtatious attitude towards him.

boy, was he adorable.

the peace was broken when the rest of the new jv team, fell through the main curtain, all landing on top of each other. "hi,.. we're the ducks!" one spoke causing everyone to burst into laughter, though y/n still had her eyes on the cowboy.

/:/:/:/:/

"come on lucy, don't you think that's a bit dramatic?" y/n asked her friend with an eye roll, who sighed dramatically, "you just don't get it." the girl walked away acting sad and trying to get attention from whoever would give it to her.

y/n shook her head with an eye roll before grabbing the books she'd need for her next class from her locker. she was snapped back into reality when she was pushed into her locker. a squeal escaped her lips as she'd hit her head against the metal. "ow!" she turned around to face her assailant.

"watch where you're-." she stopped herself seeing the innocent face of the cowboy, her eyes softened seeing him, "ugh sorry, i wasn't watching whe-."

"it's okay! no harm done." they stared at each other for a moment, "sorry, for making you nervous in the hall earlier.. i am y/n keller!" she stuck out her hand, he grinned happily at her and shook it.

"i'm dwayne roberson! nice to meet you, miss." she looked at his schedule and her face lit up, "we have the same classes!" he gave her a confused look but then realized she had been referring to his schedule that was on top of his book. "come on, cutie, i will walk you there."

he linked his arm with hers as they began to walk together, "so you're friends with the varsity?" he asked a bit weird on the subject, "hmm? no, my sister is the blonde dumbas- dummy, who's a horrible singer. i am usually with them for scooter."

"scooter?" he tilted his head to the side, not even realizing she'd almost cursed but stopped herself due to his seemingly innocent presence. "yeah, my best friend, everyone here kind of sucks and are lacking of personality."

seeing his confused face, she smiled, "scooter is a good guy,l and everyone else is bad." he nodded his head softly understanding her words, they soon entered the classroom, where some of his friends already were. she unlinked their arms, "well i guess i will leave you to your friends."

she went to walk away but he gently grabbed her arm, "can i sit with you? we're friends now too." her heart melted into her chest as she nodded her head, they sat near the middle of the class. he introduced her to his friends, who all greeted her kindly.

throughout the class, she found herself staring at him with soft eyes. she was never the one to go soft for anyone but with the cowboy, she was just a pile of mush. hardly, paying attention to what the teacher said until the bell rang.

they went to their next to classes and still sat together even when cole tried to sit beside her during history. she forced him to sit at the table beside theirs so she could still help him.

once lunch rolled around, she was finally separated from her cowboy as cole dragged her to sit with the varsity boys, which she didn't mind since scooter was there. "so you have a crush on the cowboy?" he whispered into her ear so no one else would hear.

"maybe, you like the blondie?" he shrugged his shoulders and went to respond when one of the ducks, ken wu got his lunch snatched from him by rick and cole. "leave him alone."

the two older males ignored her and tossed back his food back to them, she snatched it from the other varsity guys and put it in her lunch bag. once they let him go, she stood up, "where are you going?"

"to the restroom, why wanna watch?" she asked cole, who gave her a horrified look, scooter rolled his eyes at her words as she skipped over to the jv or the ducks table. dwayne grinned seeing her there.

"here you go, mr. wu." she joked setting the bag down in front of him, "what is it? a trap?" he asked tilting his head at her as the other ducks looked at her with curious expressions on their faces, "nah, i'm to good for that crap. it's your lunch. i got it back for you. sorry about them, your presence is a threat to their man hood."

they laughed at the face she made while she went around to sit beside dwayne. "how's your day going?" he asked with a bright smile on his face, "very good." she replied as she took one of the cookies on his plate. "why's that?"

"because i met you today." he flushed a shade of red again, his ears matching the color while she merely smiled at him. "you're so cute." averman and guy both laughed seeing the very flustered face of dwayne robertson.

"sorry, am i embarrassing you?" she whispered gently to him while he shook his head, "no, it's fine since it's you." she grinned, she had never had a friend or ever met anyone quite like him.

he made her soft and caring, she knew that this boy in front of her would do her so much good so she was very determined to keep him happy. she'd got herself a life long partner in crime, whom would cherish and adore her for the rest of her life.

—/—/—/—/—/—/—/—