c.c - you left me

'but I love you so
please let me go'

"i don't know how i'm going to tell him

"i don't know how i'm going to tell him." i whispered over to my brother dean, who seemed to be a mess after having to tell his bash brother that he wouldn't be returning after bombay had left the team. "just do it, our flight leaves tomorrow." dean responded wiping his tears from his face.

i nodded my head and walked over to the ducks, taking charlie's hand in mine. "hey." he grinned at me with such love in his eyes, i smiled softly at him, "hey... can we talk?"

his smile faded slightly but he nodded, the ducks exchanged looks as we walked away from them. heading over to one of the park benches as they began to play hockey. "what's wrong?" charlie asked taking my hands in his, gently laying them in his lap. "well you know how bombays not coaching us anymore?"

charlie nodded his head in response, i sighed, "well dean is going back home.. so i have to go back too." whatever happiness charlie had left was sucked right out of him. "what?! no! no you can't leave!"

i tilted my head to the side knowing i was about to cry, i hated seeing him sad or upset. "i don't want to but i have to go. that was apart of the deal with my mom, i would stay with dean. god, charlie i really don't wanna go."

his face changed, he moved away from me and sat in silence. i went to take his hand, he shifted away, "no! don't do that! you're leaving so that's it!" my eyes widened, he'd been going through a lot lately but still, he's acting childish. "are you breaking up with me?!"

"isn't that what you wanted to say? you're moving back to chicago, illinois far away from me! you're just like bombay, bringing me up and dumping me the second you have the chance." he stood up ready to walk away but i grabbed him.

"charlie.. please don't do this. i love you." charlie stopped, i had never said that before so he knew i wasn't lying, "i-i love you too." he gently cupped my cheeks wiping the tears from my face, "i am sorry that i yelled at you. there's just a lot of change going on right now and i just didn't want anything with you to change."

"i know bubs and i am sorry.. maybe we should just-." charlie cut me off by pressing a kiss to my lips, "don't say it. please don't say it." he pressed his forehead against mine, "we should take a break for now until everything's settled. okay?"

he pouted for a while before nodding his head, "you're still my girl, alright? i love you." i smiled softly at him before pressing a kiss to his lips, "promise me, you'll be a good captain duckie? always chose the ducks and get good grades while you're at it."

"promise me, you won't fall for any other guys, okay? you're mine." i rolled my eyes, "possessive much." i stood up walking away, charlie laughed running up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. we shuffled back over to the ducks.