fallout charon

[ this is a trigger warning beware of this story there is a nicer charon story I'm working on]

I lead gob fawkes,and roy through the
Commonwealth. We're the only survivors out of the fifteen we had when we started. I keep feeling they're eyes on me looking at me like I'm weak like I'm helpless.

"Charon please slow down." Gob whines. I ignore him adjusting the patch I have over my right eye socket.
"Those bastards are dead." Roy growls grabbing my arm a flash of those men holding me down goes through my head and I immediately pull out my combat knife. He let's me go raising his hands above his head in surrender.
"Don't touch me. Nobody touch me." I growl.
"Alright alright charon. Nobody wants to hurt you we're all friends here. We just need a break we've been pushing like this for three days."
"Your intentions of getting us to safety is greatly appreciated,but I fear we have exhausted ourselves." Fawkes says looking pale.
"Goodniegbor is around the corner." I grumble. "We'll ask about her there." Gob says excitedly.
"If they let us in that diamond city place was nuts." Roy says pissy.
"They said that's we ghouls go." Fawkes points out.
"The newspaper said she was in diamond city." I huff.
"Shes not really into those kinds of places." Gob points out.
"Let's hope it wasn't destroyed by the brotherhood like the underworld was."
A silence hangs over us for a moment.
"Cmon." Is all I have to say to start us up again. We find goodniegbor and a sigh of relief escapes the three of them. I push on the door pleasantly surprised to find it isnt locked. We all file in cautiously. I keep my hand on my shotgun just in case. A ghoul in a red frock coat comes out of the closest shop joking with a assaultron. He grins seeing us.
"Welcome to goodniegbor ghouls and-supermutant. fuck am I that high?"
"I prefer meta human but you can call me fawkes."
"Name hancock john hancock,and as Long as no one causes trouble your welcome here."
I notice fawkes light up,but he doesn't say anything more on it.
"We just need directions to a room for the night." I grumble.
"Hotel rexford is just around the bend cant miss it."
"Thank you." Gob says shyly.
"No problem. If anyone is looking for work I got some jobs." He says walking into a nearby building.
We head to the hotel but talking to the woman she says she only has one room available for ten caps. I pay her and we all head upstairs. Even among our own kind we're getting stared at.
Probably because of fawkes but still its irritating. Reaching the room we discover theres one bed with two mattresses stuffed on it.
"So uh what's the plan?" Roy asks.
"You guys sleep I'll take first watch." I say nonchalantly.
Everyone looks at me worriedly. I usher them in closing the door.
"I don't need pity." I grumble grabbing the chair and sitting down hissing in pain and immediately getting back up.
"We aren't pitying you. We are just worried what happened was traumatic. I mean they raped you" Roy starts.
I pull out my combat knife and my wet stone spitting on it. "Not the first time,not the second time. Probably not the last time." I say making my best poker face. Trying to keep them from working me up further tarnish what's left of my dignity. I feel disgusting,defiled. I steady my breathing and start sharpening my combat knife.
"Before? Oh god,azrakal?"
I nearly cut my palm open just hearing his name,but I don't answer.
"But the contract?"
"Physical violence against me invalidates the contract. Just so happens theres loopholes around that." I grumble.
"Couldn't you put it in the contract?" Roy asks.
"I didn't make the contract." I growl.
"Were you really brainwashed?" Gob asks.
"Not exactly." I grumble my hand finding it's way to the scar on my head where the chip was placed.
" how are your wounds." Fawkes asks and I'm very grateful he changes the subject.
"Better. Most of them are closing and none of them are bleeding."
Fawkes smiles dropping his bag and handing me another bottle of irritated water. That we've been using as stimpacks. I drink on it.
"We are grateful for you charon." Fawkes says softly. "We wouldn't have gotten out if you hadn't gotten ray out."
Ray grins. "You can always count on me to find a army of ferals."
"You'll feel better when we find adriel." Gob says softly.
"You cant tell her. None of you. She doesn't need to know." I say unable to hide my panic.
"We wont right guys?" Gob asks. I don't want her to know how fucking disgusting and weak I really am.
Ray agrees but fawkes sighs. "I wont tell her. But shes gonna ask how you lost a eye."
I bury my face in my hands. "Just tell her It got shot out."
"Very well." Fawkes says softly.
"Welp time for bed." Ray says climbing into the bed. Fawkes climbs in the middle and gob gets the last little spot. I spend the first few hours sharpening my knife and cleaning my shotgun. When I finally gain the courage to pull off my armor to repair it. Tears drip down my cheek I let out a quiet sob as I sew up the cut straps. Fucking bastards.