IV

╔═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╗

Chapter 4:
A New Legion

╚═━────━▒ ۞ ▒━────━═╝

Third Person's POV

It makes one wonder how a nine year old girl is casually passing by in a bar full of menacing people like she was taking a stroll in the park. Some even knew her name and greeted as she passed by. Some glared.

Well, it wasn't like it was a safe place for a child to be.

It was a bar full of mysterious people wanting to exchange information while hiding their identity, or just people that wanted to be drunk. But I wouldn't lie when I say that 98% of the current inhabitants are those with useful quirks.

"Feeling better, Kai-chwan? You've been holed up there for the past week."

Smiled the woman that Kai calls grandma. She was in her 20s this time and is currently serving drinks to customers as a bartender.

The said woman smiled and flipped the shaker she used while concocting a drink, doing a few tricks and gimmicks before serving Kai a glass of rainbow juice that she lit on fire for some reason.

It was completely 0% alcohol, yet it somehow still lit up? Now that was bartender magic.

"We thought you died up there."

"Malcolm-san! Stop harassing the child!"

Kai only gave a sweet smile as she showed her ringed middle finger to the guy named Malcolm. The man just laughed, while Tomoko scolded Kai lightly.

"I'm attending the meeting tonight. I'm going to tell Darius something."

The black haired girl said nonchalantly as she put the firey rim of the glass to her lips and drank. It gave her throat a slight burn but just as I said, it wasn't made of alcohol. Probably just some berries that was made to do the same effect as it did.