Two

chapter two
you're not peter parker

You were on a hunt to catch Spider-Man. You were just with him, how had he gotten away without you noticing?

You had him by the throat...

He had to be nearby. His webs may make him fast, but they wouldn't keep him away from you. You were still determined to find Peter and continue to make him pay.

Everything was a bit fuzzy. After grabbing him by the throat, your memory wasn't fully in tact. But one thing was clear; you could only think about destroying Peter Parker.

Fire was consuming you, and your eyes glowed red for a moment in frustration.

This was taking a lot longer then you had expected it to. You smirked as you saw someone in a familar suit. It was a bridge full of cars, and people were running off of it screaming as you hovered above the ground, fire resting on your hands at either side.

Wow, Peter had a new and fancy suit. Nanotechnology. Impressive.

You must have blacked out during the fight, and Peter must have gotten away and grabbed some new gadgets and his mechanical suit. Peter Parker was always the smart type of guy, but you never expected him to become this advanced.

It made you feel a bit small, knowing his gadgets were far more advanced than yours.

"Hey, Parker," You greeted, an evil tone to your voice.

"Um- ma'am, fire girl, why do you look so angry?" Peter stuttered.

Why didn't he seem to know you?

"I'm here to kill you," You threatened.

Why was he calling you ma'am? Peter had never once referred to you formally. Something seems off with the him, but you decided to ignore it.

"You want to joke around again, Peter?" You smirked.

"Maybe we could just talk about this, because I really don't know who you are," Peter replied, nervously.

What?

Was this a trick?

"So you're playing dumb, Spidey," You sighed. This wasn't going to end well for him. "What a shame."

As you prepared to launch a fireball at Peter, the two of you froze. He seemed to sense something with that tingle of his. And you could feel it too.

Someone was coming. The ground shook, and part of the bridge cracked open. A robotic tentacle plunged onto the bridge, and you had no idea what would follow next.

Smoke rose up from the crack to reveal a man with robotic tentacles coming out of his back like an octopus. The tentacles were mechanic, with claws on the end, probably to grab something or even someone. That seemed useful. But you really had no clue who this guy was, and you had never seen him before.

He wore shaded circular glasses, and had a very dark shade of brown as his hair color. His clothing consisted of shades of black and grey colors. The claws on the ends of each tentacle had small parts that contained a glowing red color. Intresting, the man seemed to be able to control his own robot octopus arms.

"Hello, Peter," He smirked.

"Hi? Do I know you?" Peter questioned, confused.

Peter didn't seem to know anyone. I mean, you didn't know this man either. But he clearly had the same intentions as you.

And the more you looked around, you realized that you were in New York City, but you didn't recognize the bridge you were on.

Why didn't Spider-Man know who you were?