Ten

You began to search for Peter and the Goblin, but they were nowhere in sight for a long time. When you finally found them, you found May on the ground, covered in blood, behind an angry Peter. Goblin was on his glider, hovering above the ground.

"Peter, Peter, Peter... no good deed goes unpunished. You can thank me later," he smirked, looking at May's body.

"What the hell is going o-" You started.

Goblin released a pumpkin bomb from his hand, tossing it in your and May's direction. Peter leaped to catch it, but it barely knocked the bomb aside. You used your powers to lift slightly above the air, but the strike still managed to injure you. Goblin flew away on his glider, and left the three of you in a smoky wasteland of an apartment building.

You fell to the ground, far away from Peter and May. You couldn't manage to force out a cry of help. With your blurred vision, you saw Peter limping toward May in the distance. You barely hear what they were saying, but you knew one thing for sure. May was dying, and Peter wouldn't be able to help her.

You were too weak to even attempt to heal her. And even if you could make it over there, you wouldn't be much of a help. Tears were streaming from Peter's face as he held May in his arms. What a shame. She seemed like a sweet woman.

After what felt like an eternity of Peter calling for help and crying, May fell to the ground as police cars and unfamiliar car arrived at the scene. Peter knew it was too late for May, as he whispered his goodbyes and apologies.

But then, he spotted you. He didn't know where you were until now. You hadn't suffered as extreme of injuries as May. You had suffered similar injuries to Peter's. Lucky for him, he had a better healing ability than you. He rushed over to you, picking you up in his arms.

"Peter... I'm sorry."

You were completely unaware of him picking you up. You were very... dizzy. But once you noticed, you fought your way out of his arms. "I can handle myself, Peter. It's ok."

"I can't loose you too."

"Peter, you're unstable. You're hurt mentally and physically. Trust me, I've got this."

Flames appeared on your hands.

"Don't hurt Happy," he frowned, weakly pointing to the unfamiliar car.

You nodded, and lifted yourself off the ground with a little less energy than usual. Hurt or not hurt, you were going to defend Peter with your life. They were after him, and firing at him, and that set you off.

You launched fireballs at the officers, burning some of their legs and hands. They yelled. "Retreat!" one of them cried.

You winked at Peter, and the two of you made your escape.

The rain started pouring down. You and Peter sat on a rooftop together, staring at a giant screen playing the night's news in Times Square. He was crying as the Daily Bugle report started to tear him down with their words.

You held him in your arms, and your smaller hand touched the fabric of his Spider-Man suit.

The voice of the head reporter, J. Jonah Jameson started to echo throughout the city.

"Tragedy.

The bag of broken cures was on the ground, getting soaked by the heavy rainfall.

"What else can I call it? What more need be said?"

"The damage, the destruction, you saw it with your own eyes. When will people wake up and realize that everywhere Spider-Man goes, chaos and calamity ensue. Everything Spider-Man touches comes to ruin. And we, the innocents, are left to pick up the pieces."

"J. Jonah Jameson reporting. Good night... and God help us all."

You held back tears for Peter as he cried onto your shoulder. There was no moment were you had the energy to be stubborn, evil, or have an urge to kill Spider-Man. Peter needed you, and... you also needed him.

Meanwhile, MJ was stressed about the whole situation. Ned was worried about where Peter was, especially when he saw the news. MJ was tempted to press the button on the box, but a spark of hope caused her not to. Ned somehow opened a portal, and that portal led to great surprises.

Peter paced back and forth on the rooftop, unsure of where to go and what to do. "Y/N, you don't have to stay with me out of pity," he mumbled.

"Parker, it's not like I have anywhere better to go," You joked.

"They're going to kill us if they see us."

"Probably."

"I have somewhere in mind to go."

"Where?"

"I'll show you, do you trust me?" he asked, holding onto you in his arms.

"I can fly myself-"

"Do you trust me?" Peter repeated.

"Yes," you sighed.

Peter held onto you, and he started to swing through the city with his webs. You held your breath throughout the whole ride. Web-slinging was a lot more intense then it looked. You closed your eyes as Peter held onto you tight. The two of you landed on the roof of what seemed to be a school.

"Is this your school?" You questioned.

He nodded, the bag of broken cures in his hand dropping to the ground with him. You stood, staring at the night sky as Peter sat on the rooftop. You hoped that some magical cure would come and fix everything.

Although you couldn't stand your Spider-Man, this Peter seemed to be different. You couldn't see him cry like this. It reminded you of you and your pain that night... The night you lost everything.

You stumbled out of the burning house, your hands feeling like they were on fire. But the catch is that they were. You lived through the fire, but you gained powers from it. You fell into a rage and depression as soon as you found out everyone you loved in the house was dead. Gone forever. You sobbed for hours.

One of the police officers looked at you, a frown on his face. "I'm sorry kid."

"Did Spider-Man save any of them?"

You had heard about the "legend" of a superhero just like everyone else.

"Kid, you know that Spider-Man is devastated. He didn't have the mental strength to come and help."

That night, you felt rage. You wanted to kill Spider-Man. And you would.

And today, you found yourself comforting a different Spider-Man.