naruko vs homunculus

Sitting meditatively on the roof, Naruko began drawing in nature energy. It was completely dark out, only the street lambs and the crescent moon served as light sources, so she was pretty hard to spot when one wasn't looking for her.

Her objective was fairly simple. Find the source of that ominous presence, beat the hell out of it, and keep it from potentially harming her dear, little brothers. Quite simple, really.

The only catch was trying not to draw attention to herself. She didn't want civillains or the police raiding the area and thus getting in her way. Plus, the fact she did not want her brothers finding out that she's a trained kunoichi in the art of assassination, infiltration, and espionage. That would involve explaining her past, and the blonde woman was not ready to hit that road with her two, innocent brothers, who haven't seen as much blood and death as she had.

This was more of a reconnaissance self assigned mission than anything else. If it doesn't look like she'd be able to silently defeat the mysterious entity, the Uzumaki woman would get out of there as quickly as possible and contact Kakashi-sensei, so that she could stay long enough to deal with the problem.

Naruko smirked when she felt herself entering Sage Mode.

"You know, it would have been much easier if you just went into Tailed Beast mode," Kurama spoke out.

"I can't do that, Kurama," Naruko argued. "The glow and transformation would attract too much attention."

With their brief conversation coming to an end, the female Uzumaki raced off to the source of the evil aura.

Getting close towards the sewers of Central was fairly easy. She was expecting to be ambushed or something for getting too close to this creature's territory. However, no one made any attempts to attack her. At least, not yet.

Naruko's questions and concerns were answered when, not even a few feet into the entrance of Central's underground pathway, she was immediately attacked by shadowy tendrils.

She immediately jumped out of the way. "Heh, I knew something fishy was going on," she grinned to herself.

The dark, deadly spears made another attempt to skewer her once again. In response, the blonde woman quickly pulled out a kunai from her pouch, and sliced through a few of the tentacles.

"Naruko! Behind you!" Kurama quickly warned his host.

Naruko twisted her body around to grab at one of the tentacles that were trying pierce her from behind.

"What interesting, little human you are." A sinister voice resonated throughout the area. She couldn't tell whether the monster sounded intrigued or annoyed that its attempts to kill her were failing. It was apparent that it actually never met a human that could fight back.

Its attacks began even more ferocious and vicious as it tried spearing in different areas. It was apparent that the creature was very adamant about not letting her venture any further.

It was funny. As the battle raged on, Naruko noticed that the monster used shadows to attack. It was similar to the Nara clan's shadow possession jutsu, however, while their jutsu were usual used to immobilize enemiesthis monster's attacks were clearly meant to be used offensively and for assassinations.

And in this narrow alleyway, it was hard for blonde Uzumaki to counterattack. The monster definitely had the advantage here. She dodged another strike by backflipping against the wall. Maybe she should make a retreat before someone starts to hear all the reckus the battle is making, and start to rush over to investigate. Don't want her cover to be blown. Yet.