The Devil's Nest

Naruko followed the dejected forms of her younger brothers carry she and her husband carry there daughters as they were about to board a train heading towards Rush Valley. She asked them twice before what was wrong, but all she got was a pained silence in return.

"Whenever you guys are in town, be sure to drop by," Sig informed them, bidding farewell. "You're welcome to come, too, Naruko."

Naruko bowed slightly at the bulky man. "Thanks for the hospitality.

Her little brothers, however, seemed hesitant and unsure.

"I-I don't think we can," Alphonse uttered, despondently.

"You idiots!" Sig shouted at them. "You're too busy pouting, you don't realize what you're expulsion means. Now that you are no longer Izumi's students, you can talk to her like an equal. Unless, you're too scared to try."

Naruko sighed and shook her head. That's what her brothers were so down about? They could be such idiots.

They seemed to realize it, too, as they marched straight back to Izumi, determined to get the answers they came for in the first place.

"Don't let her kill you," Sig called out after them.

"Sometimes I wonder, for such geniuses, they could be so stupid at times," Naruko sighed.

Both her and Sig shared a look before smiling.

After all that was settled and done, they were back into their usual routine.

Naruko was sweeping the front of the shop alongside her brother, Alphonse. Izumi and Sig were such nice and hospitable couple, it was the least she could do.

Though, she couldn't get the conversation of last night out of her head. The guilt, the remorse she felt for leaving her kid brothers alone like that. She sighed.

Al must've heard her dispirited sigh. He glanced over to her. "What's wrong, sister?" he asked, voice full of concern.

The blonde woman looked back at him before facing, too guilt ridden to stare her youngest brother in the eye. Her slightly tanned hands clutching the broom she was holding.

"Al?" she said, her voice low.

"Hmm?" Al tilted his helmet head a little.

"Do you...?" She swallowed a lump in her throat, her nerves making it hard for her to talk. This wasn't like her to chicken out. She had gather the courage to pull the bandage off quickly as possible, no matter how painful it might be. She needed to ask this dreaded question, or else she wouldn't be able to move on from her guilt. "Do you hate me?"

"What?" the suit of armor gasped out in shock, wondering if he heard her right.

"I mean, do you hate the council for makeing me for leave?" she elaborated, her tone filled with regret and sadness. "I understand if you do. I am terrible big sister, after all. But I really am trying my best to make it up to you, both of you."

"Sister," Alphonse uttered out in shock and surprise. Then his voice softened. "Sister, I could never hate you."

Naruko stared up at him, cerulean blue eyes wide with disbelief.

"I am upset that they making you leave us for years," Al continued, softly. "But you're my sister, and I care about you. And I'm really happy you came back to us just like you promised."

The blonde woman smiled, widely. "Thanks, Al. I wish I could say the same for Ed, though. I know that Ed hates my guts."

"Well, you know, brother. He could stubborn and difficult at times," the suit of armor laughed.