II

Camilo and I would always flirt when we hung out jokingly, but I was starting to wonder if it wasn't a joke.

I sat up and walked over to my dresser looking for a fancy outfit. Of course we were going over to the Madrigals for dinner and I heard the Isabella's boyfriend was going to be there too.

"Y/N," mi mamá called "are you awake yet?"

"Yes mamá."

"Well hurry we are going to the Madrigal's early, they want help setting up."

Great. Thats the absolute last thing I wanted to do. I hadn't thought through what I was going to say when I saw Camilo, I hadn't even processed what happened. I just knew the last thing I wanted to do was see him. But I had a great idea. I would just talk to Isabella the whole time, she'd probably need comforting anyways her boyfriend was coming over later and she didn't want to see him either.

I slipped on a fancy dress I had found in my closet and my favorite pair of shoes. I rushed downstairs to my mamá holding a gift basket for the Madrigal's. My papá was already outside ready to go. 

We walked over to the Madrigals, and when we arrived, they were having lunch. We walked up as my mamá handed Abuela the basket for tonights dinner.

"Ahh  perfect timing!" Abuela said with relief. 

I walked over towards Isabella, but I could feel a certain pair of eyes watching me. 

"Let's get out of here" Isabella said and we walked up to her room. 

As soon as we walked in, she started going on about her boyfriend and how he was going to propose and how she didn't want this. I didn't know what to say to her.

"Well enough about me-" she started "anyone your interested in? I need some new drama in my life everything else is too much." she said making a flower and putting it in my hair.

I laughed "As if there was someone," Isabella joined me.

At that moment there was a knock at the door. It opened and my mamá looked in. 

"Y/n, would you come outside for a minute, I need to talk to you"

"Of course mamá"

I hugged Isabella and walked out. As soon as I took one step outside, she gripped my arm and pulled me into a nearby room. I looked at her, and realized what was happening.

"Ugh really? Mi mamá" I began.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd talk to me any other way" she said changing back into that familiar 15 year old boy. 

"Look" I said.

"No let me start." he interrupted, "Last night was a lot for us all. Abuela was going crazy and I just didn't know what to do. I hope this doesn't mess up things between us because I love our friendsh-"

I had had enough. I grabbed him and pulled him in for a kiss. Slowly, I felt his hand move up to my waist. I knew this wasn't what I had planned. I didn't think it was right to love him like this, but at that moment, it felt very right. I felt a smile form on Camilo's face.

"I knew you loved me mi amour" 

I looked at him blushing a little, hoping he didn't see it. 

"Oh ya? hows that," I said trying to make him second guess himself.

"I just had a feeling," he said smirking.

"Camilo, Y/n, come down please help get ready for the Guzmáns," Abuela called out.

"Come on y/n, we will finish this later," he said looking straight into my eyes.