KronMei

Kronii x Mumei :D

Ghost AU

Tw// Violence! Talk of sexual harassment (not for long)
______

Mumei sighed as she finished giving animal her food for the day. Animal yipped happily as Mumei continued to finish her new morning routine.

You see, Mumei was new to this area. She'd just moved in and got settled into her new apartment. She'd finished unpacking the last of her boxes last night after working all day. Today was going to be her first normal day in the building! To say Mumei was excited, that'd be an understatement.

However, that excitement didn't last long when she stepped into the bathroom and saw a face in the mirror beside hers. The excitement turned to confusion in an instant. What or who was that? In Mumei's honest opinion, whoever it was kinda looked like a character from some horror movie just standing behind her like that.

But Mumei wasn't worried about this. She was used to seeing things that weren't there. She was what some called, a medium. And what others called, a psycho. She could see ghosts, talk to them, even touch them if she focused hard enough. But in her years living, she's learned that not all ghosts are friendly. Not all are scary either. They can be both, sometimes times they can be neither. Other times, they're a mix and match game. Only one thing was certain when it came to ghosts.

Like people, ghosts were complicated.

That's why Mumei usually tried to keep her distance. Ghosts were so unpredictable and hard to read, it was almost always a losing battle when talking to them. A few just wanted to complain about their old life and how unfair it was that they were dead, even when no one was listening. So Mumei simply didn't. Listening to the ghosts only brought a heavy heart and the helpless feeling of not being able to help.

But the odd thing wasn't the fact there was a ghost, it was the fact that she hadn't known earlier. That she'd unpacked all day yesterday without seeing this ghost at all was interesting to say the least.

As of now though? The ghost seemed to be lost in thought, looking at her own reflection. Though Mumei would admit she was one of the prettiest ghosts she'd ever met, she didn't know if it warranted that much time looking in the mirror at herself.

However, the brunette dropped the topic, and started to busy herself with brushing her teeth. As she went on like this, the ghost didn't move, just continued to stare into the mirror. She ducked her head to wash her face, but when she came up again the woman was no longer there. Strange.

She was just finishing up in the bathroom when she heard Animal bark.

She exited the bathroom to see animal lying on their back and the woman kneeling to pet them. Mumei watched for a moment, glad that this ghost seemed a bit friendly at the least. She smiled down at animal and gave her a few little scratches near their collar, carefully avoiding the ghost's hands on the dog's belly.

Mumei continued her day as if nothing was different.

<°^°>

The next morning Mumei woke up, the ghost was standing in the corner of her room. She knew she'd been looking at the ghost for a little longer than necessary when the ghost kinda cocked her head to the side. As if to justify her actions, and keep her secret, she did the same to the other corner of the room. This one stayed empty.

Mumei then made a show of looking confused for a second, eyes trained to her lap. She could practically feel the ghost's confusion as she debated her next words. Deciding that she'd acted enough, a smile slipped onto her face. "Oh yeah! I moved." She said out loud, making sure the ghost could hear her before she got out of bed. When she saw the ghost smile a little, Mumei knew she'd heard.