Part 5: Interview

Kenji's POV

"Argghhhh! TOO MUCH WALKING!" I groaned, earning a playful punch from my wife.

"Kenji, we literally just got out of our room. The elevator is at the end of the hall. Stop being such a lazy child and suck it up." She rolled her eyes dramatically. Well I'm sorry I can't be bothered doing anything. This was supposed to be a vacation. I shouldn't be having to walk to the elevator.

Okay maaybeeee I'm a little lazy. But no, I will never admit it.

"Get in here you idiot!" Yaz pulled me into the elevator with her, and leant against the wall after pressing the right button. I only noticed now how stressed out she looked. She was playing with her fingers and her gaze was dead on the elevator door.

I walked over to her and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "You look beautiful" I whispered in her ear, watching her lips form into the rare but gorgeous smile I had fallen in love with. Before she could respond, the elevator doors slid open to reveal the richly furnished, airy lobby. I checked my phone to see what time it was. 3:02 pm. We weren't exactly late, unless 2 minutes mattered.

I walked around the corner into the seating area and saw Ben, Brooklynn and Darius seated on a curved sofa all in a row. Only Sammy was missing, but I doubted she'd be too late. Grabbing my wife's hand, I dragged her over and sat next to Ben.

Yasmina's POV

I know it was all my idea to come here and all, but I felt so nervous that my leg wouldn't stop bouncing up and down. I had begun my bad habit of biting my nails again. I felt a warm hand on my thigh and my leg fell still. I looked up to see Kenji smiling. He mouthed the words "It's okay" before removing his hand and turning around to talk to Ben.

Chattering interrupted me from my thoughts as Zia and Franklin walked around the corner as well and sat down in front of us. "Hmmm... isn't one missing?" Zia whispered to her partner, staring hard through her thick round glasses. "Nope!" I heard a familiar voice yell right behind me and felt hands around my shoulders. Sammy beamed at us and sat down next to me, giving me a quick hug.

"Great! We can begin" Zia started to pull out her page of notes while Franklin, eyebrow furrowed, worked quickly to set up his tech equipment.

The red light on the camera started blinking and Zia smiled, giving us a quick thumbs up before reading out the introduction.

"Welcome to 6News! Reporter Zia, and these amazing 6 people with me are the well known campers who survived alone on Isla Nublar 10 years ago. Welcome to 6News Brooklynn, Darius, Ben, Kenji, Yasmina, and Sammy. I would like to begin the interview."

She adjusted her glasses and then asked her first question.

"How long were you guys stranded on Isla Nublar?"

I heard Darius mention that it was just over 6 months. I wondered how all of our adventures occured in only six months. The laughs, tears, panic, and fun. It was a torrent of different emotions, and none of them could individually sum up the time we spent here.

"Thanks... Darius. I was hoping maybe you could explain why you weren't able to make it on the ferries after the Indominus broke out"

And it was this question that put all my years of therapy to waste. My breath hitched, beginning to pick up. All I could hear was my own heartbeart thudding, and I felt two strong arms around me. I couldn't breathe, and my mind was swirling with memories of running, escape, and survival. Gosh this was going to be tougher than I thought.

A/N

Okay soooo this is a super late update and is kinda badly written but its the only ideas I had. I'm sorry haha but I hope you like it. I know it's only boring but it will get better (hopefully) because obviously a book about dinosaurs wouldn't be complete without actual dinosaur interactions right? I have a couple ideas but I'll write that later. For now though, thanks for sticking with me :)