War day 2- part 1

It was still dark when I got a message from Toko on my burner phone. "Meet me near the clearing of the massacre please, I'd like to do something. - Tokoyami" groggy still, I sat up in my bed, stretched and slowly got dressed in pale blue jeans cropped at the calf and a grey tee with 'GHOST' printed on it in an off-white.

I headed to the base, being cautious not to be seen, and changed into my Villain outfit. I then headed to the clearing where Tokoyami wanted to meet me.

He acted as calm as a ghost, collecting the bodies of the fallen students. Helping him, I released a few of the paralyzation by pressing a small button on the bracelet. The first I 'revived' sat up quickly, regretting it immediately. "Ah, shit, my head..." He said as he held his head "What the fuck happened? The last thing I remember is everyone freaking out." He said after his headache passed. "According to the game, you, and everyone else here, except for me and Revenant, are dead" I said cheerfully, leaving the student sitting in front of me rather shocked.

After the dead were either gathered or woken, we brought them to a checkpoint manned by a couple teachers. There the dead were officially counted and tallied. Their bracelets were removed and they were escorted to the observation building once they all woke up.

The teams were recounted, and the leader of operations at the checkpoint set out a sign stating the current dead and the current amount of players on each team.

The sign read:

156 Civilians
20 Heros
10 Villains

The two of us were thanked for bringing the dead back, and sent back into the field.

The two of us wordlessly split up, walking around the wooded town. I threw a couple of toy knives at people, not hitting many of them, and those I did hit would probably live. Probably...

I threw knives at about 17 citizens, then returned to the base, where I informed Jirou about what I'd done that morning. We talked as the sun rose, and I noticed a small window high in the wall, too high to reach without assistance, but large enough to let the sunlight in the room, creating a surprisingly nice atmosphere, despite the room being made for prisoners.

We sat and watched as the sunlight filtered in the room in silence. Eventually I left her after checking that she wasn't lacking any commodities. I left her an extra burner phone, with the Villains as contacts, listed by codename.

I went back to being a 'normal' Citizen, and waited for the Hero team to arrive at noon.

While waiting I walked around and talked with random students, and learned that the current talk of the town was about a ghost with the face of a crow and feathers sharp enough to draw blood. I found it funny that the rumor starting from me throwing knives and Revenant just... being himself, I guess, ended up fusing in such a way, although I was a bit confused on where the 'sharp enough to draw blood' part came from.

After about an hour of walking around and talking with people, and occasionally hearing variations of the current rumors, I figured why the people believed the dull you knives were sharp enough to cut. The few I'd hit only saw their injury under the light of a fire, and only knew it hurt.

At about 11:30, I saw Revenant near the treeline with a knife in his hand, glaring at a group of people nearby.

Someone in the group noticed him and, as if hypnotized by his ghastly beauty, walked towards him. Getting close she asked in a whisper "who are you?"

He only responded by handing her a piece of paper, and turning her around. He put his hand on her back, stabbed her in the stomach and pushed her towards the group.

She yelped in pain as the plastic poked and scratched her skin, mostly unaware how dangerous the 'wound' she just acquired was.

The wound wasn't immediately fatal, but it would likely kill her in about an hour if not treated properly. Standing against a house I watched the situation, out of sight of most people nearby, although the girl's call attracted attention.

Revenant disappeared into the woods, and a girl from the group ran after him, clearly wanting to fight whoever hurt her friend.

The rest of the group that the girl was in surrounded her, concerned.

I stood there, watching the group for a few minutes, then left to go to the currently empty Hero's base, where I sat and waited for the Heros to arrive.

Within half an hour, the Heros arrived, with Iida the first to enter the building.

Kacchan and Kami-kun stopped to talked after  they noticed me.

"How are things here?" Denki was the first to ask. "Well, I think about two dozen Civilians have died so far... but apart from that, things are going great!"

"Two dozen Civilians dead already?! Izu it's been only a day!" Kacchan whisper-yelled.

I laughed quietly, leaned in and whispered "If you 'Heros' don't act fast there'll be at least one more" before tapping my DCB(Damage Counter Bracelet) and walking away.

(A/N, the DCB is what decides when they're dead, and weakens their quirks. It calculates damage according to the power behind their attacks, not by how powerful the attack actually is. It also registers 'bleeding damage' and recognizes when a 'wound' is treated)

935 words this time. :)

I hope this wasn't too long of a wait