War day 3- part 1

(A/N- this chapter is long AF)
I woke up the next day, unsure of where I was, before it all came back to me in a rush.

I got up and greeted Hatsume, and we ate breakfast together with Tamaki, who got up later than me. We discussed plans, and I mentioned what I'd done yesterday regarding Kendo.

"Jeez Midoriya, she's gonna need sessions with Hound Dog if you keep this up. You killed two of her teammates, leaving just her alive, and essentially coerced her into killing-" Mei began to rant about my actions.

"...you're scarily good at acting a villain" Tamaki eventually said to me, while Mei continued to rant. "Is that a compliment? Or a question as to whether or not I'm an actual villain?" I asked quietly.

"B-both?" He replied, quickly getting nervous.

"It's alright, listen senpai, I'm not a villain, er, not an *actual* one, I've just been in theatre for many years now, and I always end up getting into the roles I play... That habit usually lands me the antagonist's role, so I guess you could just say I've had practice. That's all it is to me." I replied in an attempt to calm his nerves and answer what was likely a burning question.

"That's good... I'd be terrified if you actually became a villain" "You don't have to worry about that Tamaki-senpai, I've always wanted to be a hero"

He said something under his breath, relieved, and we returned to eating. I focused on Mei's rant again, curious.

"-actually sound like a villain, and if I didn't know that this was some sick game, I'd have thought this was an actual villain attack, it's terrifying! It's been two days, Izuku. TWO DAYS, and 32 people are dead." She paused for a minute to catch her breath. "Izuku, what I'm saying is... please don't become a villain for real... I don't think hero society would exist if that happens."

"Like I told Tamaki-senpai, you don't have to worry, I won't. To me, this entire thing is a giant improv skit, it's all just acting, something I've enjoyed for a long time."

"Hey, by the way Izuku, what are the win conditions for the Villains?" Mei asked after we'd finished eating and were cleaning up.

"Well, we have both a win condition and a lose condition, which is all of us being captured, arrested, or killed/ out of the game. So the Villains have to just terrorize the town and evade capture, while the Heros have to get rid of all the Villains. Of course, the Villains also win if there's no longer any Heros to capture them." I said.

"Wow, you went a bit in depth there, it might take a bit for me to catch up with the conversation."

We sat in silence for a bit and I decided to clean up after we'd finished our food.

Eventually Mei spoke up, "So, what's gonna happen with Kendo?"

I hummed as I thought "I'm not sure, I guess if she gets kicked off the hero team, I'll make her my little puppet. Either way, she's gonna be pretty important to us, especially since I've shown her my face. I wouldn't worry about the other heros finding out I'm V though, I really doubt they'd trust anything she'd say after learning she's a killer."

"Maybe I can offer her refuge if she gets kicked out?" Tamaki asked

"That'd be a good idea, make sure to keep up your nervous persona around her, even if you've been getting better about that." I replied.

"What about me, what can I do? I wanna help!" Mei butted in as I was gathering the dishes to wash. "How about you be my eyes in the town? I haven't been doing that great at information gathering, as I've mostly focused on our reputation."

"That sounds fun, do I have permission to kill?" Mei asked, excited to help. "Only if you're alone with the victim or if you're sure you won't be caught." I replied.