the long game pt2

Alex noticed two people walking at a fast pace, she nudged the doctors arm and nodded towards them.

The doctor caught on" erm this is gonna sound daft but can you tell me where I am?"

The woman on the right spoke up after looking them up and down" floor 139. Could that write it any bigger?" she spoke as if it was obvious. Well it was for her. Just not the doctor and Alex.

"Floor 139 of what?" Alex spoke sweetly hoping to get some more information.

"Must of been a hell of a party" she commented. Alex snorted but coverd it up with a cough.

"You're on satellite five" the other lady said.

She's pretty.

"And whats satellite five?" The doctor asked brining Alex out of her thoughts.

"Oh come on. How could you get on board without knowing where you are?" The first one scoffed

" look at us, We're stupid" Alex said smirking knowing she was going to get it from the doctor later.

"Hold on, wait a minute... are you a test?" The blond asked.

Alex smiled they had a chance now.

"You've got me" the doctor smiled reaching for his paper.

"Well done" Alex praised causing the girl-suki to smile then look to the I'd flashed." We were warned about thos in basic training. All workers have to be versed in company promotion. "

That seemed to get the others attention "right fire away ask your questions, if it gets me to floor 500 I'll do anything."

"Why, what's so great about floor 500?" Alex asked her thought aloud.

"The walls are made of gold" the Cathica anwserd "You should know that mr management" she had now changed to flirting with the doctor.

This caused Alex to raise a eyebrow.

Cathica caught her look and coughed "so...this is what we do." She then proceded to walk off to show then.
The second nervously smiling at Alex.

...

"... bad wolf channel, The Face of Boe has just announced he's pregnant"

"We get it. You broadcast the news" the doctor nodded boardly.

Cathica looked offenced " we ARE the news. We're the journalists. We waited it package it and sell it"

As she was speaking Alex felt the hairs on her neck stand up. She felt watched.

...

When they finally ran into rose and adem they thought it would be good to include them. And for Alex's sanity Considering that fact that the doctor would not leave he alone for calling him stupid.

"I also said I was" Alex huffed only to see the doctor looking at the odd couple.

"Yeah well im not human,Oi mutt and Jeff! Over 'ere" the doctor called. Rose got up straight away while Adem looked at his phone for a moment then ran to join then on their way to watch the demonstration.

Alex looked around squinting her eyes.
She was so deep in thought that when the doctor grabed her hand she jumped.

"You alright" he asked her worried he may have actually offended her.

"...yeah" she sighed. "Cmon then"

....

"Now everybody behave"Cathica spoke out" we have a management inspection." She looked to the doctor and Alex. " How d'you want it, by the book?"

"Right from scratch thanks" the doctor spoke looking to rose.

"OK. So! Lady's, gentlemen, multisex, undecided, or robot, my name is Cathica Santini Khadeni." She looked to the doctor with a bit too sweet of a smile." Thats Cathica with a 'C' in case you want to write to floor 500, prasing me. And please do." The doctor nodded as she continued " now please feel free to ask any questions..."

Alex sighed, while she knew she should be listening she thought about the feeling of beeing watched, it was strange she never felt like she was beeing watched even when she was.

So why was this different?

She brought her focuse back when suki spoke " actually its law" she smiled awkwardly at Alex.

Cathica rolled her eyes " Yes thanks you, suki"

So her names suki.

As Cathica set up and 'engaged safety'

Everyone around her placed their hands on the equipment infront of them.

The lights blinked around the four off worlders.

Cathica snapped her fingers casing a hole to open in her brain. Alex reeled a bit from this. While Rose and adem leaned closer.

"And I three two... and spike!" Cathica called causing the machine to beeim into her head and bring out information.

"Compressed information. Streaming into her" the timelord spoke disgusted. "Reports from every city, every country, every planet, and they all get packaged into her head"

"Cant that damage her brain?" Alex asked speaking normally knowing that all the workers were unable to head them.

The doctor nodded " her brain is the computer"

"If it all gose through her she must be a genius" Rose softly spoke.

"Nah, she wouldn't remember any of it." He started to walk around " Theres too much. Her head wound blow up!"

Both Alex and Rose followed " soon as it closes, she forgets.

"So what about the people round the edge" Rose pointed to said people.

"They've all got tiny little chips in their head, connecting them to her, and they transmit." Alex knealed down next to one and noticed she didn't react. " 600 channels" the doctor continued" every single fact in the Empire beams out of this place. Now that's what I call power"

That seemed to catch Adems attention.

Rose took his silence as discomfort offering him to get out. Only for him to refuse talking about how amazing the technology is.

This caused Alex some discomfort.

He's a bit too interested.

"This technology is wrong" the doctor blankly spoke .

"Trouble?" Rose and Alex both asked.

"Oh yeah" the timelord smiled at the two girls causing them to smile.

Something caused suki to jump off her post causing the program to shut down.

An annoyed Cathica spoke " Come off it, suki, I wasn't even halfway, what was that for?"

When suki claimed that there must have been a glitch Alex relised that it dosent happen.

Something defintly was wrong

The ding and calling out of 'promotion'
Caused extion among the workers.

When the screen came up scanning who it was Cathica was constantly begging out loud for it to be her much to Alex's annoyance.

Cathica begging had done no good as it was suki that got promoted confusing both of them as Cathica was higher than her.

As they discussed unfairness Rose asked " Whats floor 500?"

"Paradise" Alex uncrossed her arms to make air quoted then re-folded them.

...

Authors note: Hey I'm back, been a while since I last wrote sorry its been so long :)