Chapter 80

This chapter is from Yuri Mishima POV

80. Class Reunion (Yuri Mishima)

“<Tantanta-tara, Tantanta-tara>”                 

On the first day of school holidays, Yuri’s smartphone played music for an incoming call.

It was not something strange. After all, Yuri was also an ordinary high school girl so of course, she sometimes made a phone call with a friend.

In Junior High School, Yuri was the chairman in her class, so even after graduating, she often listened to the problems of her friends, who went to other high schools.

The incoming call that was coming was also from Yuri’s junior high school friend, so she thought it was an invitation to hang out or a consultation and took the call casually.

“Hello?”

“Yuri, are you free right now?”

The person who called Yuri was Tomo Maeda, who was the vice chairman at her class in Junior High School. At junior high school, she was a good friend of Yuri, after all, they were working together as the chairman and vice-chairman of the class.

“Yeah, I’m free. What’s wrong?”

“…………”

“Hmm?”

Yuri was asked whether she was free or not, so she thought it would be a long story. But when she asked if there was anything she wanted to consult, the answer was only silence.

“Tomo, What’s wrong? What happened?”

Yuri spoke in a gentler voice than usual.

Yuri was a little worried because her friend was a little strange, but if her friend were in trouble and called for a consultation about it, she thought that it would be easier for her friend to talk and reassure her if she made a gentle voice.

Maybe she’s not familiar with the new high school yet, and she wants to talk about it with me… If so, I want to help her as much as possible.

But it was different then what Yuri thought.

“No, no. It’s not like that…, rather it’s the opposite …”

“the opposite?”

Yuri had a question mark in her head in Tomo’s words.

The opposite of what happened… that means, nothing happened…

Then it means that she is enjoying her daily life in peace.

…… If so, what is wrong with her attitude just now?

Yuri thought about it in her head, but she couldn’t figure out the answer.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know it for sure but, if nothing happened, isn’t that good?”

“No, that’s not the case. if nothing happens, it just makes me even more confused about what to do.”

Yuri honestly thought she didn’t know what to do with the current situation.

“… Uuum, so, you want to do something, right?”

“… Yes, I want to do it very much. It’s not just me, I think all of our Junior High School classmates want to do it too.”

Upon hearing the words, Yuri finally understood what Tomo wanted to say.

“M,Maybe …”

“Yes, it’s like what you think now. I will hold a class reunion. Regarding that, I want Yuri to invite Hatano-kun, after all you’re in the same class at the same school…, no matter what …”

‘No matter what…’, the words that Tomo gave were indescribable. It was like a hungry wolf…

“Wait, wait, it’s not been so long since we graduated.”

“That’s not the case. It’s about time everyone says, ‘it’s nostalgic’. Besides, this is the decision of everyone else too…”

“I, I see.”

Then, Tomo cut her word and was silent for a while.

“…………”

“….. Tomo?”

“Junior high school… it was fun …”

“Ye-yeah, that’s right.”

“Well… but maybe Yuri doesn’t understand what I mean …”

“Hm? Why do you say so? I think that’s not the case?”

“Because Yuri is in the same class as Hatano-kun right now, isn’t it?”

“That’s right…”

Certainly, Yuri was in the same class as Kohaku. However, it was hard to say that she used it to the max for now.

“If I didn’t know the life that I had in Junior High School, I think I could have enjoyed High School normally.”

‘But..’, Tomo continued her words.

“The current life I have now, I can’t feel satisfied about it at all…”

“……”

“After all, I ate the most delicious food in the world, and now I can't eat it anymore… but, I still remember the taste, so I asked for it…”

‘Right now, everyone is in that situation…’, added Tomo.

When Yuri heard the words, she hung up the phone, saying that she understood it unconsciously.

Yuri threw the disconnected smartphone into the bed, and she fell into the bed.

It was not like Yuri hated going to a class reunion. Just that from the beginning, it was decided by everyone in junior high school that if one of them could be in the same class as Hatano-kun, that person would invite him.

But…

But I hope that it will be after I and Kohaku get to know each other a little more…

It’s no exaggeration to say that the current class I’m in is an elite class, but even so… the level is too high. Especially the four major aristocrats, there are two of them… Really, I don’t understand why they must be in the same class too… Moreover, both of them have a good face and personality, and also charisma… please, someone… do something about it…

And, Kohaku is getting along well with those two people… in addition, he is getting along well with the blonde lady and the loli girl too.

To be honest, I feel that I am able to make a difference just because I am in the same junior high school as him.

That’s why I want the class reunion to be held after I get closer to Kohaku…

After a lot of thoughts, Yuri slammed her face with both hands.

And, a slapping sound echoed in the room.

“Aaahh! Let’s think about something different! I can just get along with him at the class reunion!… Go, go, do your best, Yuri!

While saying that, Yuri pushed her hand up. Then slowly lowered it and rubbed her face.

“……It hurts.”