Chapter 1

Harry Potter was currently sitting the train, going back to his house, having completed his third year at Hogwarts. He definitely wasn't looking forward to spending any amount of time with the Dursley's; he wanted to spend his time with his newly found Godfather, Sirius Black. If it weren't for Snape, he could have lived with him for the summers. Thinking about Snape worsened his already bad mood, and trying to find a distraction, he looked around in the compartment that he was sitting in.

There was Ron Weasley, his first friend. He was currently sitting on the bench opposite to him, looking bored, a stupid expression on his face, occasionally picking his nose and then admiring his snot covered finger. Harry barely repressed his disgusted shudder. Harry hated to admit it, but sometimes he grated on his nerves with his attitude. He had been deeply betrayed by him in second year when he had been accused of being the Heir of Slytherin, although Ron had told him that he didn't believe him, it wasn't hard to notice the barely disguised fear and loathing that had shown in his eyes, his true feelings on the matter. Harry had ignored it at the time, fearing that if he called him out on it, he would lose his friendship. He had regretted it this past year, it wasn't obvious but he had been barely tolerating his presence, and he wasn't inclined to put up with it anymore.

Turning his head to the right, he looked at his second friend, Hermione Granger. She was sitting with a book held in front of her face, throwing disgusted glances at Ron's antics seemingly trying to inch father away from him. Harry smiled at her behaviour. He could truly say that he enjoyed her company, she was always there to help him through any problem that he had. He had been truly scared when she had been petrified. He would spend some time each day sitting by her side, talking about his day reading her the assignments, which she had missed. The past year, after her fighting with Ron she would often come to him, and would vent her frustrations at Ron. They would talk together about anything, and they would always part ways with a hug and Hermione thanking him for putting up with her. He would wave it off and told her that he enjoyed spending time with her. Eventually, they met up every day, regardless of the fact if Hermione had a fight or not. They talked about their day, and she told him about her life before Hogwarts. Harry had also told her about the Dursley's, not in detail, but enough that Hermione was shocked that relatives could treat each other this way. She had promised that she would talk to her parents and ask if he could spend some time at her house this summer. It was the only thing that he was looking forward to, in his otherwise disastrous summer vacations.

She had also been instrumental in helping him in saving Sirius. He had never been so proud of her before; knowing that she was breaking several laws by her actions, and abusing the responsibility that had been given to her; she had still helped him break out Sirius from Hogwarts. She truly was his best friend.

"What are you reading Hermione?" Harry asked scooting closer to her.

"Oh, this is our text book for Transfiguration for next year. I was just skimming through it, looking at the things that we are supposed to learn next year." Hermione replied.

"Bloody hell Hermione, we haven't even started our summer vacation and you are already studying! Can't you stop studying every minute of your life?" Ron asked, shuddering at the thought of studying during summers.

"Mind your language Ron, I happen to enjoy studying about the magical world, and happen to find it fascinating." Hermione replied, glaring daggers at the boy.

Before Ron could continue the argument, Harry said, "Lay off, Ron." Stopping him from making it a big argument. He knew that Hermione was at her wits end with the red headed boy.