Chapter 11

Harry entered Ollivanders, the wand shop, with a smile on his face. He just couldn't stop thinking about his under construction Manor. Deciding that he would think more about it later after he told Hermione all about it, Harry took a deep breath and noticed his surroundings. He was surprised to see that Perenelle had already gone over to Ollivander and was conversing with him in soft tones. They seemed to notice his gaze and as one, turned towards him. Perenelle motioned for him to join them and Harry walked forward.

"Hmm . . . I have never met such an unusual young man such as yourself, Mr. Potter." Ollivander said his eyes boring into his.

Harry scowled inwardly. But he calmly replied, "I can say much the same for you Mr. Ollivander."

Ollivander chuckled deeply. He walked closer to Harry and said, "Penny tells me that you are having problems with your wand. Did something happen to you recently, Mr. Potter? Something that you suspect might be the cause of it?"

Harry was confused at the question, he understood what he was asking perfectly, but he was confused why exactly he was asking him this. He suspected that he already knew about his Vampirism, but couldn't think a reason for his question. So, he stayed silent and stared at him, his eyes unflinching.

The two of them stared at each other for seemingly, a long time, but was almost a minute at the most. Ollivander was the first one to look away. He stepped back slightly and turned around walking towards the back of his store. Harry stared at his retreating form, thoroughly confused. The whole day had been filled with him having a sort of battle of wills with important people, Director Ragnok was the first and now Ollivander. He had a feeling that it was something important, and was happy at the fact that he seemingly hadn't lost the battle once today.

"Follow me Mr. Potter." Came Ollivander's voice from somewhere near the back of the store. Harry cast a wary glance at Perenelle, but at her encouraging nod, straightened up, and walked confidently towards Ollivander's voice.

He looked around curiously at all the different types of wand that littered the shelves of the shop, as he was walking forward he noticed that there was a door, open in front of him, and again heard Ollivanders voice call out to him, confirming to him that Ollivander was indeed inside the room.

"In here Mr. Potter."

Harry walked into a dimly lit room that had sparse few things in it. But he noticed that there was a thick wavering in the air, near the floor, in front of where Ollivander was standing. Ollivander must have noticed him looking at the spot, because he said, "You can see it Mr. Potter?" Ollivander asked, looking mildly surprised.

"Yeah." Harry replied, wondering what exactly he was supposed to be seeing.

"Simply splendid!" Ollivander enthused, catching Harry off-guard. He cleared his throat when he noticed Harry staring at him with a bewildered expression on his face.

"Your wand needs work Mr. Potter, in lieu of your . . . ascension from the human race, your wand needs to be tweaked slightly in order for it to work properly. Although Penny has asked me to craft you another wand, I presume that you would like to have your old wand work for you?" Ollivander asked as he tapped the floor in front of him with his foot, and the floor depressed onto itself and a stairway was left in its place.

Harry nodded. He liked his wand. It had helped him in a spot of trouble more times than he cared to remember.

Ollivander smiled seeing Harry nod. He would hate for one of his creations to gather dust just because the user didn't care enough for it to fix it. He rather liked Harry for that. He had no doubts that he would one day change the world; he had ascertained that much earlier. Even newly turned, he carried himself as if he was a Vampire Prince for a few decades, he couldn't wait for him to come into his own potential. Magical creatures, much like himself, had a presence, a type of radar that warned them when to fight and when to bow down. It was obvious to see that Harry had no idea about their little staring contest earlier, but even subconsciously, his presence had overwhelmed his own, leaving it beaten. All of his experience had meant nothing against his raw power, and being a Vampire, he was already quite high up on the food chain. Sometimes it sucked being a Sprite, Ollivander grumbled to himself silently.