Chapter 4

"Harry!"

Harry heard someone call his name, a voice that he could recognize anywhere. He spun around on his heels, looking at the figure of his best friend running up to him. If asked later, he wouldn't be able to describe the cacophony of emotions that ran through him. Relief, anxiety, happiness . . . love? He just stood there, stock still. Hermione wrapped him up in a hug, and still Harry was unable to move. Just as she was about to pull back, wondering if something was wrong, he practically smashed her body to his.

Hermione let out a small squeak of surprise, but hugged him just as enthusiastically nevertheless. She began to wonder how long Harry was going to hug her, not that she was complaining, it felt quite nice. She shivered slightly, as Harry's mouth made brief contact with her neck as he pulled back, but her thoughts came to an abrupt halt as she got her first good look at Harry.

The first thing that she noticed about Harry was his height, previously, he had been almost as tall as her, but now, even after her own changes, he was easily a head taller than her. He also didn't look like a starved boy, but his shoulders had broadened significantly, giving him a strong appearance. His eyes, those emerald green orbs that she adored, had always seemed a bit mystifying to her, but now, she simply couldn't bring herself to look away. His gentle green eyes, that she had seen flashing with power on more than one occasion, looked as if it was saturated with power. It wasn't uncommon for this to happen when channelling large amounts of power, but Harry wasn't doing so right now.

Harry was also in a similar position, he was taking in the changes that Hermione had gone through, his eyes straying to her breasts ever so often, a pink tinge on his face. He had always liked her hair before, but now it seemed to be more fitting, making her appear as a young woman, rather than a pubescent teenager.

"H-Hermione?" Harry asked swallowing slightly.

"Um. . . Y-Yeah" Hermione said, she was startled by the change in his voice. It too, seemed to be full of power, pleasantly distracting her thoughts.

"What . . . Are you alright?" Harry asked, changing tracks mid-question, as his rational side caught up to him.

"Yeah Harry, never been better." Hermione replied smiling at the concern that was plain to see in his eyes.

Harry seemed to remember something and immediately, caught her chin and moved her head sideways, examining her left cheek. Hermione remembered that was the same cheek on which she had been struck. She blushed slightly under his scrutiny, and brought up her hand and gently, taking his hand lowered it.

"I really am alright Harry." Hermione said gently.

"Do you remember what happened? Harry asked.

Hermione was interrupted from answering as Dumbledore came up behind them, startling them slightly.

"Ah. . . Mr. Potter, If you would please follow me to my office, I will try to explain everything to you."

Dumbledore waved his hand at the Gargoyle, and the three of them ascended the stairs. Hermione glanced at Harry, and recognized the face that he was making, as if trying to remember something.

As soon as they sat down opposite Dumbledore, a question burst forth from Harry's lips, "Professor Dumbledore, what about Hedwig? Where is she?"