Chapter 5

Harry was making his way to the Headmaster's office after having a long chat with Hermione. He had asked her what she had meant when she said that her magic seemed to be stronger. He had read about Vampires and knew that they were incapable of using magic. Hermione had picked up her wand, and made the tip light up, showing that she was still a Witch. She had explained that she felt more powerful, and had a greater amount of magic in her core to call forth. This was the first time that he was hearing about this, and he told her as much.

"But Harry, you have to have noticed it by now. You have been casting spells for three years now!" Hermione exclaimed.

Harry stared at her confusedly.

Hermione took a few deep breaths, her mind whirring with possibilities. It was certainly possible that Harry, being younger than her, wouldn't be as sensitive as her, but something told her it was something else.

"Harry could you tell me what you feel whenever you cast a spell?" Hermione asked.

"I don't feel anything Hermione, I just concentrate on the spell, make the proper movements, and cast it. I've never felt a pull as you described."

"What about the time you cast the Patronus harry? Try and remember what you had felt that time." Hermione said gently.

Harry thought back to that night, shuddering slightly as he remembered the sight of hundreds of Dementors closing down on his body, lying beside Sirius. He remembered thinking that he could do it; he had done it before after all. He remembered the emotions that he had used to make the Patronus, but he tried remembering the feeling that Hermione was describing.

He could remember it now, buried beneath his adrenaline, and anxiety. A feeling of power, coursing throughout his body, centred primarily on his torso, and as he cast his Patronus, a good chunk of it rushing out of his wand, with a definitive pull.

"Yes . . ." Harry breathed. He shook his head, memorizing the feeling; it was one of the most amazing things that he had felt. Was this what Hermione felt like every time she cast a spell?

"Yes Hermione! I felt it that day, it was amazing, it's an amazing feeling right?" Harry asked.

"Yes Harry, it is." Hermione replied smiling. She mentally shortened down the list of possibilities.

"How much magic did you use from your core overall?" Hermione asked curiously. Harry was powerful, of that, she had no doubt. This would help her determine exactly how powerful he was.

She watched as he closed his eyes again, and she could pin point the exact time that Harry had felt his magic, his grinning face was a dead giveaway.

"Approximately, a little more than half of it." Harry replied. Hermione covered her awe admirably, she knew that it would only make Harry wary.

"Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Yes Harry?"

"Do you think that I should try casting magic now, I think I've figured out how to feel my magic." Harry said excitedly.

"Sure Harry, go on."

She saw as Harry grabbed his wand and concentrated and then muttered, "Lumos"