sixteen

a/n: coming to you from a strip club locker room 💃💃💃💃

Maze did kiss it better, despite her better judgement. She blamed it on the way Harry's eyes still seemed to shine under her shitty porch lights as he looked down at her, lips slightly pouted in a beg. It only made them that much kissable. She leaned up, simultaneously throwing her arms around his neck, her hand slowing falling to caress his jaw.

He didn't waste any time kissing her back. The weight of the passion quite literally knocked her off her feet, especially when his hands that had fell to her ass started  to slowly move to her thighs, lifting her up easily. He didn't mind it when she squealed into his mouth—clearly taken aback with how quickly he picked her up—instead he took a step forward so that her back abruptly hit her front door. She gasped and he took that moment to whisper an, "I'm sorry," against her lips, and then again against her cheek, down her jaw, and across her neck until he was nibbling against her collarbone. "Never want to make you feel bad again. Only good."

He didn't know, but she forgave him right then and there. She reconnected their lips before he could say anything else. They were interrupted by a pair of bright headlights coming into her driveway. Maze broke away from the kiss, shielding her eyes as Harry's phone began to vibrate in his pocket.

"I, um," he started. "I think that's my ride."

"Yeah?" She was still out of breath.

"Yeah," he confirmed lowly, his own breath washing across her cheeks due to how close they still were. He sighed, slowly placing her back on her feet, and taking a step back, his hand coming up to scratch at the back of his neck.

"I'll...uh, I'll text you. I think." Maze stuttered out, "I mean, like, once I'm ready to." She tried to smile but it ended up being a grimace at how stupid she sounded to herself.

He didn't say anything, just tilted his head slightly. A confused gleam was in his eyes. He looked hesitant, "...Will you?"

"Will I what?"

"Be ready...for this?"

Maze immediately frowned. Why was her heart beating so damn fast? "Will you?" She rebutted.

He avoided eye contact as he shrugged.

"Whatever. We're dragging this out."

"You're right, " he agreed. "Go inside." When she gave him a strange look, he added. "Gotta make sure you don't get kidnapped. It's not like you have the best track record."

She just stared at him and he began to smirk.

"Is it still too soon to joke about it?"

"Goodbye, Harry." She said in a singsong way as she turned on her heels and opened her front door. He could hear the smile in her voice.

"Goodbye, kitten. Sleep tight. Dream about me maybe?"

She stepped inside and immediately fell against the door once she closed it, literally melting in place. Her bottom hit the hardwood floors with a thud and she moved to hug her knees, burying her face in them. She hated this. She hated everything about how her heart seemed to sink into her chest when she thought about how her evening went, or about how she'd be awake all night trying to decipher it.

She lifted her head only slightly when she heard footsteps approaching. Her mother was standing above her with an unreadable expression on her face. She held out her hand. "Keys," she demanded.

Maze sighed before reaching up to place the car keys in her mom's awaiting palm. "I'm sorry, ma. I wasn't thinking straight."

Selena scoffed, "Apologize to your sister. She cried for hours when you stormed out of here. She thought you were angry at her."