Exspecto

I'm tired, tired of running, of chasing ghosts who when I reach and hold close, fade into me and I'm left all alone, that when I look back, all I see are empty chairs confined in a dark room, surrounded by the voices, with raging, blood-red colours and eyes that pierce and burn my skin, whose very touch leaves me numb. I scream into the void that surrounds me, I scream till my throat starts to hurt but all I can feel is the emptiness, the hole inside of me. When I look into the mirror, I don't see the cheery girl I used to be, all I see is a hollow shell staring back at me that no cuisine, no love can fill. When I'm surrounded by the crowd of shallow and broken pieces of myself, I can barely see, it's like I'm blinded by the colours, the noises leave me deafened. They pinch me, stab me, break me, pick me up and put me together and each time, I sit on the ground and look for the broken pieces that fall after chasing for so long, I wail. But this time I lay down, I wait, and let the pieces turn to dust with the ticking of clock. Till I forget how to breathe and my brain turns into a barren piece of land, I wait. I scream and beg the heaven's above to rain down on me and drown me with the bloodshed of the angels who fought for me. I lay, I wait, till the clock stops and the wind stands still. I wait. 

~ vishakha 🍂