Smokescreen gets a partner

It was a normal night in boring Jasper, Nevada as the Autobots patrolled various areas a distant ways from their base. On this afternoon, the sandy roads and dust from the desert-like terrain was particularly annoying to the newest addition to the members of Team Prime, Smokescreen. Having passed his "test" from Jack and with approval from Optimus himself, the young warrior was on his first solo patrol. He had to go through extra training due to the incident that occurred with the road rage human driver from a week before when he and Bumblebee were out on patrol in the next town over from Jasper. 

On the other hand, Valerie, a older human female teenager a couple years older than Jack was walking home from her evening shift at the local grocery store as a sales associate manager. She was relatively average in build and looks and the only thing slightly remarkable about her was the strange birthmark she had in the shape of a robotic looking dragon-like face on the inner side of her bicep on her right arm. It stood out against her sun-tanned skin in a pale color. 

It happened when she was turning a corner into a less habited area of town where the homes were about a mile apart in distance, she was crossing the street when a speeding sportscar with red and blue detailing came barreling down the street in her direction with a loud screech of it's tires. 

The last thing that Valerie saw and heard was the bright headlights of the vehicle and frantic honking of it's horn before everything went dark.