Chapter 1

"Snacks?'

"Check."

"Music?"

"Check."

"Kleenex?"

"Che- why do you need that?" Humna stared up at her older sister Rayyana who was pacing around trying to see if anything was missing. "Because Humna, Rumaisa just went through a breakup and knowing her she's going to need a lot of kleenex."  Rayyana looked around at all the snacks and drinks she had laid out counting to see if there was enough. 

Rumaisa Khan, Rayyana's best friend of 5 years had just gone through a rough patch with her boyfriend Mouhib. Apparently he had cheated on her with some girl and Rumaisa needed help in getting over him.

Hence the sleepover.

Rayyana had invited her other friends, Rida, Marium, and Fatima along despite Rumaisa not really liking them. Humna scoffed and muttered "Tell her to grow a pair, going through a breakup can't be that." Rayyana glared at her sister "Thanks for the advice, leave now." 

The doorbell rang downstairs echoing the house. Rayyana quickly checked everything one last time before rushing downstairs. 

"LET ME IN IT'S FREEZING!"

Rayyana was shoved by Rida as they quickly ushered Marium and Fatima inside. Once they were all in they shut the door and blew out a breath.

"It's not that cold." Marium said taking off her shoes, Fatima followed insuit while Rayyana shook her head at her neighbours. 

They had been friends for...well Rayyana couldn't recall but they had been friends for a while and everyday with them was something new. 

Rayyana followed them into the living room where her mom was sitting boredly scrolling through her phone. She perked up when she saw the girls and said "Hi girls." In a really cheery voice.

The girls all said hello and then excused themselves to go up to Rayyana's room which was still teal coloured. Rayyana grimaced at the colour every time she saw it, reminding herself to change it soon.

"Alright guys Rumaisa should be here soon, when she arrives we all have to be nice okay?" She said looking at Marium especially. Marium fake gasped and said "I am nice!" The girls all said "uh huh" knowing full well when Marium didn't like someone, she didn't hold back. 

Before anyone else could say anything, Rayyana's door opened and Rumiasa walked in looking...not good. Usually Rumaisa wouldn't step out of her house unless she looked like she walked out of a magazine as she liked to say but right now she looked anything but. She had on a loose oversized T-shirt, some sweatpants, and her hair was in a very messy bun.

Her nose and mascara equally runny.  "Rumaisa! You look..." Rayyana trailed off trying to say "ugly" in a Polite way. Rumaisa ignores her and instead flopped on her bed, going through the snacks she had put in a small basket.

The girls all watched her open 3 Dairy Milk packets and take a bite out of each one. Yikes, it was worse than Rayyana thought. "Okayy maybe we should put those snacks down?" Rayyana said gently slowly putting Rumaisa's hand down.

Rumaisa looked up at her and stopped chewing. Her eyes growing into slits "Why? Because I'm fat? Because if I eat more I'll blow up like a balloon?!"

Marium shrugged and nonchalantly said "You might who knows." Fatima smacked her sister on the arm while Rumaisa just rolled her eyes and took another 3 bites of all her Dairy Milk. "Plus, we also want some." Rida said grabbing for the basket.

Rayyana sat down next to Rumaisa and asked her "What happened?"

Rumaisa was quiet for a minute before she got up and started yelling "I GOT CHEATED ON! THAT'S WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED RAYYANA! 3 YEARS I WASTED ON THAT GUY, 3 MOTHERFUCKING YEARS!" Rumaisa continued to babble on as the girls continued to eat.