XI. Death At Her Front Door

Eleven

Eleven.            Death At Her Front Door
Mentions of Suicide/Death

            Death At Her Front DoorMentions of Suicide/Death

She should leave. But she couldn't let go. It was like standing at the bottom of a hole, shovel in hand. Her clean pristine hands were now dirty and stained as she clawed at the dirty. It seeped under her nails. Bare knees stained with mud and dead flowers. She cried, cried, and cried. And she finally gasped as she felt flesh and bones under her fingertips, she swiped the dirty away from the still face. Get up, get up! The flesh before her seem to sink more and she yelled again, no, no, no! Come back! The girl gasped as she was pulled up, shoved back onto grass and not dirt. The old Ivy Jacobs was gone and it only took one night for it all to change. No matter how bad she wanted her old self back.

Ivy Jacobs always wonder what it would be like to die. She wasn't suicidal or anything. She just wondered how it would go. Would the world be quiet? Would it stop spinning entirely for those last few moments? The world didn't feel very silent right now, though. Her world was bustling with nerves, anxiety, fears, and tears.

She traveled behind doctors/nurses, a stretcher with her limp brother on it, and Maddy & Cassie. She wondered if it was bad that she wasn't as worried as Maddy and Cassie were— And she was Nate's very own sister. She should've been the one right at his side. But, she wasn't. Maddy & Cassie were. And Ivy wondered why they were? Nate had hurt Maddy, in so many ways. And Cassie . . . Well, Ivy had no clue why she was there. But they all just kept moving.

Seeing Nate Jacobs basically useless in a Hospital bed brought a weird chill to Ivy. Like she could almost laugh in his face, throw a party. 'Fuck you, you fucking abusive asshole!'

But, she couldn't actually do that. She'd probably get disowned. Maddy and Cassie were now long gone. Ivy sat at Nate's side, but she wasn't even looking at him. He didn't look very nice. Her whiskey gaze was locked on her now pink stained Air Forces. She frowned. "Jesus Christ."

The girl shot up from her folded arm barrier. Her eyes landing on her Father. Cal hurried over, a hand landing on Ivy's back— the girl stood, letting her Father take the seat. "Ivy, you okay?" The girl nodded gently and then Cal pressed a kiss to her forehead. And like magic, all his attention was on his son. Ivy turned around, meeting Marsha's terrified face outside the hospital room.