XVI. Angry

Sixteen

Sixteen.            Angry

            Angry

    Ivy was home. Reluctantly. Against her will.

      Madison Santiago had to call Marsha Jacobs to get Ivy Jacobs out of the Hellish Hospital. She was being a bit of inconvenience — Not on purpose. And in the stress Madison was in right now from her son, she didn't need Ivy's terrified antics. And so, Marsha brought Aaron to shove his sister into the car to be dragged home.

   Oh, Laurie wasn't dead. By the way. Thought I'd mention that . . . You guys seem to like him as much as Ivy does. But, regardless, he wasn't dead, though, he wasn't conscious either. He might possibly have brain damage.

     Now, before, we could question if Ivy was actually depressed. Well, fuck, she was for sure now.

   She laid on the couch. Face stapled into throw pillows. Staring at her phone, on the coffee table. And every time it lit up, she hoped it was Madison to tell her son was alive & functioning. But, nothing. Absolutely nothing.

   And Ivy had a headache.

  Because of her Mother's loud ass music. No one gave a shit Laurie overdose, or how much it affected Ivy. That was the Jacobs' Family for you. Never caring about anyone else, but themselves.

   And finally, the music faded.

    "Whatever you do, don't marry anyone you meet in High School. You'll either end up like me, or the lump of bones on the couch." Nate hummed as he sat at the counter, alcohol in hand. Marsha and her wine. Ivy screwed her eyes shut at her Mother's words, tears pushing past the cracks. Violent stabs.

   "I mean it. I used to be fun. And I know you don't believe me, but I was fuckin' hot! I could've had anything I wanted. Then I just .. fell in love with your Dad."

    "Well, I'm very happy he's gone."

   Ivy sighed, peeling herself back from the couch. She nearly fell over in the process. Her gaze locked on her sock covered feet. Pug Socks, a classic.