XVII. Best Friends Forever

Seventeen

Seventeen.                Best Friends Forever

Ivy Jacobs' was going to have a heart attack

Running in a Hospital wasn't allowed. But, she was moving so quickly no one could stop and yell at her. She nearly crashed into Madison Santiago. The woman grabbing ahold of the girl. Ivy's watery eyes were yelling. "I-Is he .. He's dead?" Madison slowly let out a smile, wiping the girls tears with the pad of her soft thumbs.

         "He's alright. He's awake. He's okay."

Ivy let out a cry, one she didn't mean too. She smiled for the first time in days, even if it was an awful smile. "Ivy?" The girl hummed at Madison. The aged blonde sending her a smile, "thank you for not giving up on my son."

Her steps to his hospital room were slow. Five steps, that's all it took. It felt like more.

Ivy had to bite back her yell as she stood before him. He was sat up in his bed, sipping on a juice— Like a child. Though his actions came to a pause as he saw her. His eyes widened slowly, placing down his juice and he nearly shoved himself out of the bed. Ivy's eyes widened as she moved towards him, "what the Hell are you—"

Before she could scowl him like a Mother, he shoved her into a hug. A squeak slipping past her lips. She nearly lost her breath. "Holy Fuck, V." The two gently pulled apart, Ivy's hand gently cupped the boys face— the pad of her thumbs running over the apple of his cheeks. He frowned gently, his warm hands slowly encasing her wrist. He had so much to say, but he felt like he had no time.

"Ivy, I'm s—" She shook her head, a watery smile lining her lips. "Don't do that. Don't apologize. It's okay. You're okay, that's all that matters, Laur." The boy let out a shaky breath, his eyes falling shut and tears slipped out. And for the first time, he wasn't ashamed or bother by them— Because, Ivy Jacobs kisses her tears away.

"What I miss?" The girl smiled at his soft words, his eyes fluttering back open. "I'm taking you to a play, if that's okay." The boy raised a brow with a soft laugh, "a play?"