Seven

I felt myself slowly beginning to wake up. The first thing that registered in my brain, is that my head was pounding and my leg felt completely numb. As I sat up, my mind instantly began to flood with flashes of what had happened earlier today.

            Jonah turning into a wolf. The other guys turning into wolves along with him. River probably being one as well, and then the other crazed one attacking me in the woods.

             My eyes bulged at the memory and then shot down to my leg. It was wrapped tightly in a thick, white gauze. When I reached to touch the material, I noticed the IV on my hand.

             What the hell?

            I glanced around the room. I was in... someone's bedroom? The large and open space looked clean yet personal, as a few framed group photos hung on the wall. I furrowed my brows in confusion. This wasn't one of the rooms at our cottage.

             To my side, a medical drip hung from a stand and was connected to my hand.

  "Where the hell am I..?" I muttered quietly to myself, still looking around the room.

As soon as the thought left my lips, the sound of footsteps followed. I looked up at the door right as it swung open.

I recognized the man entering the room immediately. He was the one from the woods, who I saw right before fainting. Now that I was fully awake, I could look at him clearly.

And dear God, I could look at him all day.

He handsomely smiled at me from across the room and began making his way over to the bed, "My love is awake!" His deep, yet playfully confident voice rang out.

I watched in confusion as he came to sit on the cushions. "How are you feeling? You should be pretty numbed up by now." He commented, leaning closer to look at the IV. "I cleaned up the bite on your leg."

I just stared at him. His messy brown hair somehow made the dark blue in his eyes brighten. And he held his face in a way that suggested he was rarely ever serious.

He quit fidgeting with the IV and glanced up at me. After a minute or so of quiet staring, he raised a brow in question.

"Where am I?" I asked him.

"My place. Home." He smiled and leaned back into the pillows across from me. His blue eyes were constantly locked onto some part of me. It was kind of unsettling to watch them dart from my face, to my leg, to my hair, and so on.

                All with a cocky smile on his face.

"I... I was in the woods and... and that wolf attacked me. It came out of nowhere." I narrated my busy thoughts. My eyes left my hands and went back to his curious ones. "Who are you?"

He smiled brightly, leaning inward. "I'm Maxwell. Or Max. Or Sexiest Mate Alive. Whatever you like, really." He winked at me and leaned forward.

I ignored the fact that his bright smile and flirty wink were doing things to my stomach. "Y-You were in the woods. When I fainted."

"Mhm." He paused for a second before looking away, "Heard your screaming and followed it. The rouge is dead, by the way. I made sure of it."

       I silently stared at the man. Maxwell, I mean. The rouge is dead...? What is that? Should I know?

"Why.... Do you know Jonah? And River?" I asked Max. I needed to get back to them. I knew that at this point, they'd both be scared and worried by my disappearance. And I still needed someone to explain the whole wolf.... thing.

With Wolvesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें