five

The girl didn't spend much time thinking about her opinions, because it didn't matter what she thought. Facts were what mattered. Opinions were just personal truths, it could vary from person to person, they were formed from feelings. Feelings were never reliable and would cause a person to act rash, unpredictable even, they would get in the way of rational thinking, and would cause bias. Facts were truth, no matter what way you would look at it, it would never come to be false, and nothing could influence it.

She had spent her whole life training against feelings to the point she didn't feel much anymore. Not when she would pull a trigger, not when someone's blood coated her hand, not even when she watched as the light drained out of someone's eyes, letting out their last weak breath. She was at the point she couldn't feel, happy, sad, remorse, it all seemed to blend together. She was just in a state of living and nothing more. It wasn't in her line of work, her job was for the soulless.

So it came as a surprise to her at the surge of anger she felt rush through her body every time she saw the bright blonde hair. Her blood would run hot every time he would flash one of his smiles at her. She had the overwhelming urge to tell him off, there were times in the past few weeks that she would have to remind herself that it would only result in her death in the process. She didn't know what it was about him that irked her so much, he had been nothing but nice to her. Or perhaps that was it, it was his sickening sweet personality, his gentle voice that drove her mad.

To her it was impossible for someone to be that genuine, she had considered it to be because he was British, which would be a logical answer, or it could be that he knew who she really was and has been leading her on a wild goose chase to subtlety yet effectively make her go crazy. If the rolls were reversed it is what she would have done, though if she really thought about it she wouldn't give Rider that much credit to make the more logical decision.

It wasn't as though the girl was arrogant, no, she was just confident. Confident in herself to make better choices than any other half-witted agent her age, she had trained to be that way her whole life. Then again you could say the same thing for Alex. But it was almost a certainty that she would be the one to come out victorious if the pair ever had to potentially fight. A 94.73% chance to be exact.

He only stood a few inches taller than her, and they nearly had the same amount of muscle mass, of course naturally he would have the slight advantage when it came to strength being that males are genetically stronger, but she wasn't worried about it when all she would have to do is think quicker, watch his body language, predict his movements. Which now almost came as a sixth sense.

Being around civilians the girl had come to a realization that she preferred body language over verbal language. It got to the point way quicker and was less of an annoyance. Someone could look you in the eye and lie but their body would always have the telltale signs such as a twitch of the finger, a glance of the eyes, a cork of the mouth. In all honesty, they made it too easy.

The girl chewed on her eraser in distaste looking over the worksheet, she hated school almost more than she hated anything else in the world. Only children beating it for number one. Sensing a presence, she looked up and shoot a glare to only see it was Alex. He looked at her giving her one of his innocent smiles causing her to only intensify the heat of her stare. Alex pulled the worksheet closer to him while he glanced at it "Do you need—?"

"No." she snatched the flimsy piece of paper back from him. how dare he come over and ask her if she needed help, did he think she was incompetent?

He shrugged, putting his hands up surrendering "I was just making sure, I wasn't sure if you guys had gotten to that in the states or not."

"Are you calling me a dumb American?" She raised an eyebrow challenging him to say something.

Alex simply tilted his head, as if accepting "Must you take everything thing I say as an insult?"