twenty four

(EPILOGUE)

Alex Rider had a hard time loving. He didn't know when it happened or if it had always been that way but he knew one thing. It sucked, but it was for the better.

It seemed as though he would always lose the ones, so maybe if he kept everyone he cared about at an arms length he wouldn't love and there for he wouldn't lose them.

But it didn't seem to work. It never worked. He was too kind, he would always open his heart back up, and in the end it would always end up shattered.

Alex stood in between Jack and Tom as he watched, the casket get lowered down into the ground. There wasn't many people there, just a few people from their school, George and the three of them.

He put a few flowers in front of her grave. She hated flowers and probably would yell at him later about it but he didn't care at the moment.

They had a priest speak; he wasn't sure if she was religious. Probably not, but it seemed fitting for the occasion. He had never planned a funeral before, not even for his uncle, Jack took care of that.

Jack had said she wouldn't mind planning this one also, but Alex rejected her offer. He felt as though he should be the one to plan it, it was only fitting.

After the priest was done with his speech and the coffin was lowered into the ground, people came to him, giving him hugs, telling him 'sorry for your loss' and 'if there's anything I could do to help let me know' but how can someone fix a broken heart?

He stood there as he watched the last piece of dirt was compacted on top of the grave. Why did it hurt so much? Why did it feel so real? It wasn't real he told himself. He would be alright but he wasn't sure if she would be.

He stood there as the sun started to go down, he heard as someone approached him, standing right next to him "Tragic." The girl said.

Alex felt his lip twitch "Very." He said.

He heard the girl take a sharp intake of air "Well are you just going to stand there all night and cry?"

Alex pursed his lips, swallowing his laughter "I'm coming, I'm coming."

He gave the grave one last look and turned to leave "Those flowers are ridiculous by the way." She told him.

This time he shook his head. There wasn't a cure to all sicknesses, but maybe he didn't want to be better.

AUTHORS NOTE

→ Okay, okay I lied!!! This is the last chapter.

→ I couldn't help it, don't blame me.

→ Now for the last time peace out my stars <3