thirteen

They told her to make a statement and that is what she was going to do.

It was a few weeks after the new year and everything had been going smooth, or at least as smooth as it could be when it came to things. She was getting ready for school, or more like struggling to put her uniform on when she heard her laptop go off.

She wouldn't have thought anything of it except it was a particular ringtone she had been dreading to hear. She had rushed over to her laptop and set it on the table when she had finished buttoning her shirt.

When the call connected the commander appeared on the other side, she knew this call would be different. The girl gave the woman what little information she had about Alex and MI6, she could tell the woman wasn't happy but she didn't comment.

The woman had let her know that there was going to be a party in uptown London and invited to the party where some of the biggest political figures in the world. The commander had let her know she was in charge of assassinating three of them, that night.

The first one was the person who was holding the party, Maxon Mccarthy, he was in the cabinet, he worked regularly with the prime minister, and often is the one to have his ear in swaying him in a decision.

Next was Alex Concave, who also worked in the British government, he wasn't as influential as Maxon but the agency thought that he could eventually become a problem and they liked to out seed before they could become a plant.

Last was Melissa Smith, who worked in the US supreme court, she had secured herself a high position and was vocal when she unfavored something. She had been caught up in many controversies, none that the agency cared for, and they got paid enough money to ask any questions.

The girl decided to skip school and prepare for the night, she would have wished to have at least a day or more to prepare, but beggars can't be choosers she told herself. It was going to be her first time having three targets in one night, she knew it was going to be difficult but she wasn't nervous. She didn't get nervous.

She looked up floor plans for the building the party was held in and the buildings surrounding. She made sure she had several escape routes and plans, but she knew failure wasn't an option.

In her room, she looked down at her suit, laying on her bed. She hadn't worn it in months, it had been the longest she had been without wearing it since she had gotten it.

She stripped off her clothes and slid on the suit, it fit the same, perfectly altered to her body, she didn't know why it surprised her but it did. Maybe she thought she had grown out of it.

She put on her boots and grabbed both of her thigh holsters, clipping them around her waist and each leg. On the left, she placed her gun and several rounds of ammo and on the right, she placed all of her knives.

She walked back and forth across her room to test her balance just to make sure everything felt right. Everything felt normal except her missing knife that was wedged between her window. When she walked she knew it was missing simply from the number of times she had trained with the set of knives but it wasn't enough to throw her off.

She went to the bathroom, flicking on the light she grabbed her black scarf and tied it around her nose and mouth. She lifted up the hood to her suit and looked into the mirror. Nothing was visible except her eyes, in the no one should be able to see more than her outline and if everything went according to plan, she wouldn't be seen at all.

Looking in the mirror one last time, she gave herself a wink for good measure. She grabbed her duffel bag and left out her front door, she knew the person working the desk wouldn't look up from his phone and the owner of the building was too cheap to make the cameras actually work.