Chapter VIII

Previously on Mind Games: After arriving in the dimension which houses the planet of Remnant, Bell and Jacob Hask are kidnapped by criminal mastermind: Roman Torchwick and his short sidekick, Neopolitan. Elsewhere, Bell's real family has a vision of her past on Remnant, as Summer Rose, leader of Hunter team STRQ. 

Will Bell be able to recover her memories and reunite with her lost family, or will she be forever trapped in her own head?

Location: Kingdom of Vale, City of Vale

Warehouse District

Bell POV

After regaining consciousness, I take a look at my surroundings. Shipping containers, a wall of windows, hanging light fixtures, yup, I'm in a warehouse of sorts. I notice that I'm tied up to a chair, with something that seems to be more durable than rope. Strange, this stuff almost seems familiar... 

I look to the side, to see Jake also tied up, and blood running down his face. He hasn't woken up yet. Seems like he took a much harder hit than I did. I whisper-yell to get his attention.

Bell: *whisper* Jake.. JAKE! Are you still in the game?

Jake stirs, but does not acknowledge me. He begins muttering in his sleep..

Jacob: *whisper* No... Rico... don't... don't scare me like that...

He appears to be dreaming about his brother. That's a damn shame, his family must miss him dearly, I wonder if Requiem informed them..

Family.. I must've lost the chance to find my family..

Heh, I think Adler and the CIA ruined that for me long ago..

Or was it Perseus? Damn these implanted memories, I don't know what what's real and what's false nowadays. Let's see:

A school of sorts.. resembling a college.. bunking in a co-ed dorm with a girl and 2 guys..

Arghh.. this all seems so far fetched to me.. I hate it.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts when the man who lured us into a trap walks in..

Man: Oh ho, sleeping beauty is finally awake! Huh, it's a damn shame your partner isn't

Man: Oh ho, sleeping beauty is finally awake! Huh, it's a damn shame your partner isn't. Oh well, I guess we can start the party without him.

I grit my teeth as the man walks up to me. He looks into my eyes.

Man: Let's cut right to the chase: What are Atlas boys doing in Vale? Aren't you guys supposed to be looking down at the so-called "peasants" from your Ivory towers?

I have no clue what he's talking about.. but I remember the Code of the United States Fighting Force: Article III: If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.