Fiona's Interlube

Wilbur opened the door to his home and was immediately bombarded with questions by his young brother. "How did it go? Was he a big man? Were you a big man? Did you kiss? You are so unpoggers, I bet you didn't even kiss! When I go on dates, I will kiss all the women because I am a big man!"

  Wilbur chucked and tried to pull the blonde off him. "No, we didn't kiss, but we're going on another date!" He half-squealed. "I swear, I've met my soulmate. We are practically destined for each other!"

  "Wilbur I will throw up if you keep talking like you're already married and have two kids." Techno yelled from the living room.

  "Oh shut up Mr. Technoblade Blood God Ruler Of All Souls," Wilbur yelled back.

  "THAT WAS A PHASE FROM WHEN I WAS FIVE AND YOU KNOW IT!" With that, Wilbur had a pillow thrown at his head.

  -

  Wilbur laid on bed staring up at the ceiling. The date had gone better than he had even thought it would- Alex had actually liked his idea, they got along really well, and the man was just amazing in general!

  There was just one small problem. Well, it wasn't really small, more like a huge problem.

  He would have to tell Alex about Sally and Fiona eventually.

  Look, Sally.. left him, but Fiona, Fiona was still in the picture. Of course, he never saw his daughter. That crazy bitch would never let him. Unless she needed something. He really only got to see his own daughter when Sally would want to go out drinking or something and had no one to watch her. Even then, that only happened rarely, and he hadn't even seen her for the past six months.

  Maybe that was it. Maybe Sally had picked up and moved away without telling him. Maybe he really would never see his daughter again.

  The thought sent a cold shot down Wilbur's spine. 'No. She couldn't, she wouldn't... right?'

  Deep down Wilbur knew it was entirely possible, Sally never gave a shit about what Wilbur thought.

  But Wilbur loved Fiona, she was his daughter, and he loved her more than anything.

  Back when Sally had left him, he made the mistake of just letting her. In his anger, he didn't even think that she would just take Fiona and not look back.

  He was young, he was dumb, he was just a kid. He didn't want to be in that situation and he never should have been in that situation. He should've been doing what every other young dumb teenager his age was, not raising a fucking kid.

  But, he made a mistake. He lost his kid. And he couldn't fix that mistake. All he wanted was his goddamn kid back.

  It sounded entitled and narcissistic, but Wilbur knew he deserved to have custody of Fiona over Sally.

  Maybe he wouldn't be the world's greatest father to ever live, but anything was better than Sally.

  One of the few times Wilbur was actually allowed to watch Fiona, he had offered her some snacks. It wasn't anything big, just some chips and a two-cookie pack, but he knew something was off when she had asked for extra snacks to take home and save for later.  And all Wilbur wanted to do was cry as he watched his daughter stuff her bag full of everything she could fit, for the times when "Mommy can't feed me."

  Wilbur wanted his daughter back so bad. But he couldn't do anything. They weren't married when they had Fiona, so it's not like he could fight for custody. He had let Sally leave with Fiona, so he couldn't claim she was kidnapped. What else was there to do? Go run to social services and say that he thinks she's being abused? What evidence did he have? The fact she was hungry and asked for extra snacks? Every kid wants extra cookies, that's just how kids work.

  Wilbur let out a shaky breath.

  He knew there was nothing he could do. And he hated that. But he was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

  No matter how much he fought back the thought, he couldn't help but let it slip. 'Maybe it's for the best.'

  Maybe Wilbur had misunderstood the situation or simply his brain made shit up just so the fact that he hated Sally would feel more justified. Maybe, Sally was an amazing mother and Fiona was a happy, healthy kid.

  And after all, he had Alex. And Alex made him happy.

  Alex made him so damn happy.

  He can't fuck it up.

  Not again.

  He couldn't tell Alex.

  What Alex doesn't know can't hurt him, right? Yeah, what Alex doesn't know can't hurt him. Plus, it wasn't like Wilbur could see Fiona, so how would Alex ever know?

  This was it, Wilbur could start over. Clean slate. He could fix everything. He could do it right this time.

  Of course, if Alex figured out, Wilbur was utterly fucked. Alex clearly wouldn't want a kid, especially not this early in his life. He was so focused on college, he has such a bright future. Having a kid would simply ruin his life. And Wilbur could never forgive himself if he ruined Alex's life.

  But it's fine.

Because Alex isn't gonna know.

__________

Word count-938

Fun fact, this is the first angst I've been able to write in over a month and I reacted to it like a drug addict who was given a bag of cocaine

Angst my beloved, how I missed you