Sugar and Spice

Wilbur genuinely didn't know why Techno wanted to talk to him, much less that it was serious- Technoblade was not usually a serious person, so that had him slightly concerned. He turned the corner, seeing his brother leaning against the brick walls of the apartment building behind him looking at his phone.

  "Hey Tech!" Wilbur called out, smiling. Techno looked up from his phone, narrowing his eyes the second he caught sight of Wilbur.

  Techno had a serious look on his face, the type your parents give you when they're "not mad, just disappointed."

  Wilbur's smile dropped.

  Techno didn't speak, just stared at Wilbur, seemingly drilling holes into his brother's very being.

  Wilbur chuckled awkwardly, trying to lighten up the situation, "What's with the look? Y'know you look like Dad when we-"

  "Wilbur." Techno cut Wilbur off before he had the chance to reminisce. "Would you like to explain why your boyfriend came to my apartment and basically interrogated me about why you were acting so weird?"

  Wilbur felt his heart sink and his stomach tie into a knot. He opened his mouth to speak but words wouldn't form.

  Techno continued, throwing his hands up, "You didn't even tell him about her? Wilbur, you can't keep that from him! Not telling him about your psycho ex is one thing but not telling him that you have a kid is another!"

  "I can't do that Techno! What if he doesn't want a kid! What if the second I tell him, he leaves me? He's a college student, he has his entire life ahead of him! What do you want me to do?" Wilbur laughed. "Oh, surprise Alex! Since we're freshly in a relationship now, I have a secret daughter I didn't tell you about and an ex that has custody of my kid and rarely lets me see her!"

  Techno sighed, he closed his eyes for a moment then looked back  to meet his brother's defensive gaze.

  "I've met Alex." Techno said. "He's a good guy... Maybe a bit lovesick, but a good guy. He genuinely likes you. I can't say how he'll react, but I know it'll be okay. He's not going to just abandon you, he's gonna be there to support you."

  "You don't know that, Techno. What if he does? What if he despises for even telling him-"

  "He loves you, Wilbur." Techno exhaled. "I love you too, but you need to take a step back and realize just how much Alex cares for you. He tracked my dorm room down because he was concerned for you, for fuck's sake! He loves you so, so much. You love him too, even if you aren't too great at showing that."

  A million thoughts ran through Wilbur's head. 'What if Alex hates me? What if he leaves the second I tell him? What if...' He opened his mouth to voice these thoughts but immediately shut his mouth and looked off. He was pretty sure Techno would punch him if he kept ranting.

  Wilbur watched Techno out of the corner of his eye, Techno stood still, staring at Wilbur, simply waiting for him to make another stupid comment so he could interject. But, after a while of awkward silence, Techno let out an exasperated sigh and walked over to Wilbur. He wrapped his arms around his brother and pulled him into a tight embrace.

  Wilbur didn't speak, nor did he fight it. Just giving in and closing his eyes, letting his muscles relax, and letting his panic slip away.

  "You're gonna be fine you big dumbass," Techno said, barely whispering, "You'll be fine..."

~

  Alex wiped off the small splotches of spilled coffee, preparing for the next customers. He sighed as he threw the rag to the side and wiped the sweat from his brow. Honestly, all he wanted to do was sleep, or at least sit down. Alex hadn't gotten much sleep last night, half of him was kept awake by worry, the other half by sheer embarrassment.

  He hoped Wilbur would stop by. He would just text him and ask him to come but after one too many times of getting yelled at for being on his phone, he had learned to just start leaving it in his bag while he worked.

  He glazed around searching for his co-worker.

  Spotting a rather short woman with light pink hair that only came down to her shoulders.

  "Niki!" he called to her. She perked up and turned around. "Hm? Oh! Hi Alex!" She chirped out.

  Niki's voice was soft and comforting. She had the type of tone where she could threaten to brutally murder you and it'd be calming.

  "Hey, can you watch the counter for a bit while I grab my phone? I wanna text Wilbur and ask him to stop by," he smiled.

  Niki beamed, she nodded, "of course!"

  "Thanks! Be back real quick!" Alex announced already on his way into the closet where they kept coffee beans and tea packets.

  He made his way over to a blue drawstring bag that sat propped up against the wall.

  He began to fish through it in search for his phone but just as he found it he heard Niki yell.

  "Hey! Alex Wilbur here!"

  Alex couldn't help but laugh, Wilbur always seemed to show up at the exact moment he was even mentioned. As if he was summoned like some kind of God.

  'Bisexual god' he chuckled.

  He peered through the door frame, he knew something was up the second his eyes met the brunette.

  Usually when Wilbur would stop by to see Alex, if Alex was in the back Niki and Wilbur happily chatted, laughing and joking with each other until Alex came out.

  This time, Wilbur just stared down at the counter and nodded slightly as Niki awkwardly tried to make conversation.

  Alex froze for a moment. He looked the same way he did yesterday, the same guilty and pained look.

  Niki noticed Alex, she gave him a worried look.

  She looked back to Wilbur, smiled, and waved goodbye.

  Wilbur just nodded and tried to force a small smile onto his face.

  As Niki passed Alex she mouthed the words 'Is he okay?' Alex shrugged his shoulders, his face contorted into a look of pure despair.

  He took a deep breath and walked over to Wilbur.

  "Hey Will... Are you o-"

  "Alex," Wilbur looked up at him. "I need to talk to you."
_________

Word count-1132

Hello!
This is the end of the first half of Act One (Yep, there's several Acts in this)
So with that, we do have a small announcement
We will be going on a small break, about 2-3 weeks! We hope you all understand and we hope to see you back for the rest!