Cigarette Daydreams

Techno huffed as he stepped outside, barefoot and clinging onto his arms as he was wearing just a T-shirt and a pair of furry, plaid pajama pants. The price he paid for being a good brother, he guess. Although Wilbur probably wouldn't be thinking he was such a good brother after he was done.

  Techno had, of course, been worried when after he and Wilbur had made plans for Wilbur to come up tonight and Wilbur had never shown up. He became even more worried when Wilbur didn't pick up his phone.

  Instead of chasing Wilbur down he just stayed inside. Techno had looked out the window now and again in search of the brunette, hoping eventually that Wilbur would call him back, spewing strings of excuses while Techno just gave him condescending "mhmm"s.

  But the last time Techno peered out the window looking for his brother, he had spotted a tall brunette man leaning against the building, shrouded in cigarette smoke. Without even bothering to grab shoes, Techno had stormed outside, ready to give Wilbur the lecture of the lifetime.

  "Wilbur?! What the heck? You told us you quit smoking after you and Sally broke up! What would dad say if he k-"

  Techno cut off when Wilbur turned to face his brother.

  Wilbur's face was red and tears ran down his cheeks, but he didn't seem even somewhat concerned about Techno's pissy tone like he would be any other time.

  "Will? Are you okay? What happened?" Techno let his voice soften as he crept towards Wilbur, approaching him more like he was a scared animal than a human being.

  Wilbur chuckled, "Well, dear brother of mine, I took your advice and told Alex about Sally and Fiona," Wilbur flopped his  Techno felt his stomach churn.

  "Wilbur..." Techno mumbled, placing a hand on Wilbur's shoulder. Wilbur just turned away, bringing his cigarette up to his mouth again.

  Techno wrinkled his nose, he snagged the cigarette out of Wilbur's hand, "Okay, look I understand you're upset, and you have every right to be, but you can smoke your issues away, okay? Plus I really don't want my brother just up and dying of lung cancer," Techno explained, dropping the cigarette on the ground and stepping on it.

  When Techno looked down to put I out he noticed about three burnt-out cigarette buds scattered by Wilbur's feet. Indicating that this one wasn't his first.

  Techno tried to suppress the urge to yell at Wilbur for his recklessness. The man in question just looked down at the cigarette Techno had put out, just looking mildly inconvenienced instead of mad.

  Techno sighed, "Okay, tell you what, we're gonna go inside, and you're going to go take a shower. Then we're going to talk about this okay?" Techno said, wincing at the sentence like it was a death sentence. Techno really hated talking about emotions, especially when it was about relationships since everything they said made no sense to Techno. But, this was his brother and Techno loved him enough that he could push past the awkwardness if that meant helping him.

  Wilbur reluctantly nodded and walked back inside with Techno.

  While Wilbur showered, Techno made some tea. (Although he was pretty sure Wilbur wouldn't drink it, it was worth a try.)

  Dream had stumbled in after a while, groggily questioning why Techno was awake so late and why Wilbur was using their shower instead of his own. To which Techno quickly summarized, "My brother's boyfriend broke up with him and he's having a mental breakdown, if left unattended he will most likely give himself lung cancer."

  "Does that mean your brother's available now?" Dream joked with a shit-eating grin.

  Techno shot Dream a dirty looking, he was particularly in the mood to deal with Dream's jokes.

  "Shut up and go back to sleep," Techno grumbled and went back to making his tea.

  Dream shrugged and began to walk off, seemingly taking a hint.

  Techno sighed in relief, luckily Dream was always pretty good with taking hints and staying out of Techno's business if asked.

  When Wilbur got out of the shower Techno was sitting on the couch, tapping his fingers against his thigh.

  Wilbur, now looking completely exhausted, stumbled over to Techno and plopped down next to him.

  Wilbur leaned his head on Techno's shoulder. Without questioning anything, Techno just angled his chin up to avoid Wilbur's still damp, curly hair in his mouth when he talked.

  "You wanna talk about it or you just wanna sit here?" Techno asked.

  "Sit here..." Wilbur muttered.

  Techno just nodded and shut his eyes, knowing full well Wilbur would fall asleep soon and Techno would be stuck like this for the rest of the night.

  Techno knew his brother enough to know that just this would calm him down substantially. Wilbur had always been a sucker for positive physical contact in any form since he was little. It had always worked better to just give him a hug or something as opposed to trying to talk him down.

Techno on the other hand was just the opposite. He really didn't particularly care for any form of physical contact. Preferring chatting with people a lot more than hugging them. There were of course some exceptions to this, one of those obviously being Wilbur.

  And because of this Techno allowed himself to place his chin on top of Wilbur's head and let himself drift off to sleep.

__________

Word count- 946

Just so you all know, Dream did say that completely as a joke, in no way is he attracted to Wilbur, he's just an asshole and likes messing with Techno

Also, don't be a Wilbur, smoking is not good for you