[ 1. ]

"Y/N, you can't catch me!" An exuberant voice called.

A short, brunette girl was running across the somewhat large garden. Her smile was brighter than the sun that was shining. So beautiful and innocent.

A male in a wheelchair was following trying to catch the kid. He had engaged in a cheerful activity however, his skin was pale, contrasting with his black hair and eyes. He was dressed really simply, his body was only covered by a hospital robe, similar to the ones patients wore after surgeries.

Unlike him, the little girl seemed to be dressed formally. She was wearing a red dress, obviously from an expensive fabric. Her shoes were shining black and her hair was carefully braided into two large French braids.

"Ryu, slow down, I can't move that fast."

The male murmured between his quick breaths. He was obviously tired. However, he smiled at the girl, who ran up to him and carefully hugged him.

"Brother, when will you run again? I missed you running around and chasing me!"

She looked into his eyes, and her ends of her pink lips turned downwards, forming an undoubtedly adorable, pout.

Y/N looked back at his sister's brown eyes. She was only 6 years old, too pure, too innocent and too gullible to understand the truth behind his situation.

He would never be able to run again. He would never be able to be himself again.

He lifted his shaky hand from his lap and tapped her head. He was ashamed of himself. Where was the old Y/N? The Y/N who would run around, not shaking at all, and who everyone admired.

Right now, he was weak, ghost-like. He couldn't even go outside without being in a wheelchair or scaring children. He was thought to be a spirit, or someone from a supernatural dimension.

Being at his middle 20s and not being able to enjoy it, is a nightmare. Being at his middle 20s and already being considered half-dead, is a misery.

However, he had always remembered himself in this miserable state. Hospitals had become his second home for as long as he remembers himself, he couldn't even go on vacation without visiting one.

The surgeries had become his solution, the aspirins and capsules, his food and the syrups, his water. He had adapted to this situation, for his own good as they say.

Despite all of these struggles, the wheelchair was his legs for only the last year. He just couldn't get used to it, not yet.

He wanted to give up. He had overheard his lifespan, the doctors gave him 5 months, the maximum, a month, the minimum. What would happen if he decided to end it earlier? He is already destined to die sooner or later.

But, that smile, Ryu's buoyant smile, his beautiful sister's smile, was the only thing keeping him going. If only something happened to her...