[ 2. ]

His family was out. A formal ceremony which he couldn't attend, due to his health. But wasn't allowed to, either ways.

Y/N wheeled himself to the kitchen and looked out of the window. All he could see was the sun shining and its light blasting through the veil of windows surrounding it.

He smiled to himself, and he closed his eyes, absorbing the sunlight that was directed towards his face.

Abruptly, he hardened. He came back to reality and wheeled himself over to his bedroom. He realised that he had forgotten to take his spasm pills.

His house didn't have any stairs, it was adapted so he could wheel around on his own. It was one of the limited things he could do alone.

And then he saw it. A metal nail bulged from his wooden bureau. The bureau that used to be his, and now belonged to his sister.

He approached it carefully, and impulsively pressed his wrists against it. He reversed backwards and forwards until his flesh was spouting red, sticky blood.

He smiled, he had always enjoyed the pain. And then, everything went black.

On the other side of the town, Tomoe was at the psychiatrist. He had been caught overdosing on some ibuprofen pills.

The skeletal male kept sighing as the psychiatrist tried to make him speak. He couldn't. How would he explain that whenever he moved, his limbs were burning, his abdomen felt like bleeding?

"Tomoe, I know that your syndrome is rare, we can't understand you but—"

The female voice, surprisingly calm when it emerged, was interrupted.

"No, Azu, you don't. Stop it."

He stood up and banged his fists on the wall. A move that he regretted visibly seconds after, since he closed his eyes and bit his lip in pain.

"You just don't get it. You can do everything you want. And I can't even eat by myself. I don't care about your job, and I know that you're paid by my father to help me. Stop it."

He almost plead. His eyes expressed an obscure rage combined with a misery. Azu had never seen this expression before.

The male sat down at the couch and sighed. The female softly gripped his hands and stroked his knuckles with her fingers.

"Tomoe, I can't understand you, none of us here can. But, there's one person, with the same syndrome as you, here in Osaka."

She forced herself to smile. She hoped that would give Tomoe some positivity.

Before the male could speak, a nurse emerged into the room.

"Miss Misato, there's a person in the ER, injured by extreme self-harm, we need you!"

And then he left quickly. Azu stood up and patted Tomoe's head.

"We'll talk later, 'kay?"

He nodded and watched her leave the psychiatric wing of the hospital. Her words left him in confusion and determination. There was another person with his syndrome? Here, in Osaka? He felt an impulsive need to meet them.