-1- siblings

-Just in case you didn't see the desc. There is a TW for the following: Gore, Suicide attempt, and substance abuse throughout this story, If you are not comfortable reading those topics then please don't read! Thank you and stay safe <3-

Ever since I was young, I was fascinated with robots and how they worked. I would watch shows that had robots as the main characters and play with legos to build my own little robot friends. 

My father was an engineer, he built those machines that work in the factories and hospitals. When he would work from home in our garage, which was practically just a workspace for him since mom stopped trying to put the car in there, I would watch him work. I never asked questions or interrupted him, I just watched and observed all the little details. My mother wasn't on board with me watching him, she said it "wasn't proper for a little girl to learn about machines" and believed that I should be playing dress-up and learning to paint my nails. She wasn't one of those soft and caring mothers, she would always tell me to "grow up quicker" and make myself useful for the family. I was only seven at the time, I didn't understand what she really meant by it, but I still listened and told her I wouldn't disappoint her. 

When I was nine, my mom had another kid, a baby boy named Giovani. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about him. Sometimes I would like him because I was sure when he grew up we would be best of friends. But when he'd cry and cause issues I would rather just lock myself up in my room and avoid dealing with him. He wasn't a bad kid, don't get me wrong, pretty well-tempered for a baby if you ask me.

It was obvious my mother loved him more than she loved me. She would brag about him to all her friends and family, show him off, and speak like he was some damn prodigy. She practically worshipped the kid, to the point she sometimes forgot that I existed. When she did know I existed, it was never pretty. She'd scream at me for being a "useless child" and "A waste of her youth." She didn't always beat me, but when she did, I'd have bruises and sores the size of golf balls, sometimes bigger depending on her mood. My father didn't involve himself, he would spend time with me, but no words were really spoken. he'd still let me watch him work and come with him to the grocery store occasionally. My father would sometimes help me get out of beatings, he'd tell my mother that he was sending me to bed early, so I could avoid my mother and get some extra sleep. It was unspoken, but my father did love me to some degree.

As I got older, my mother transitioned from abuse to just pure neglect. I was nineteen at the time, and Gio was ten. I had finished high school and wanted to go to college, but I had to save up enough money because my father was only going to help me so much. I picked up a job at this place that repairs and/or salvages old robots and animatronics. My dad started teaching me how to work with the material when I was around twelve behind my mother's back. So getting the job was pretty easy for me. 

Everything was going decently well for me, a decent job, a car, and was close to my goal for college. 

It was all fine. 

Gio was doing great in school, he joined soccer, and had a bunch of friends. He was the perfect son, everybody loved him, I loved him. He and I were close, when mom was gone, I'd take him to go get ice cream or take him Lazer tagging or mini-golfing. He loved those things, and I grew to love them too.  When mom would close the door and leave on the weekends I'd hear him yell from downstairs, "Y/n! I'm ready to go!" 

He'd always assume we'd go every time mom left. I'd sometimes complain that he was spoiled but I know damn well that I enabled it as well. 

Everything was fine. 

Until it was a few days before his eleventh birthday. 

I was finishing up at work and about to leave to go get myself some food before I went home when I got a call from my dad.