-3- altered

It hurts.

It fucking hurts.

I can't move.

Why am I alive?

I can barely open my eyes, my vision is all fucked up, and every inch of my body is in pain. Something is wrong. 

I don't even feel like I'm human anymore. 

The ringing in my ears subsides and I start to hear slight murmuring from around me. I try to open my eyes but it hurts too much.

"Y/n? Y/n honey? Are you awake? How are you feeling?"

My mother, what the fuck is she doing here? I want to speak but I can't. Is she responsible for this? She's still talking but I can't comprehend the words she's speaking. I tried to open my eyes again, this time was successful. My vision was different, everything looked...different. I can't explain what it looked like. All I knew was that I was in a dim-lit room on a table, where I saw machines and other surgical tools and...

Robotic parts?

Why would they need those to do surgery...?

I shifted my gaze to my left hand sitting next to me. 

What the fuck...?

My arm was red and bruised, but it looked like metal plates had been inserted into my arm. I saw the lines of the plates run down my arm down to my hand. I still had my skin, but you could tell it wasn't attached to normal bones. I wanted to believe that I was just hallucinating, I really did. 

I slowly was able to lift my hand off the table, I saw more of these "plates" and that my nails had been replaced with what looked like small metal claws.

I started to panic, I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to move the blanket on top of me to see if the rest of my body was altered, but the pain stopped me. My mother noticed that I was trying to move and placed a hand on my face 

"Oh don't worry sweetheart, It's okay. I know it's going to be a bit scary and painful at the beginning, but you'll get used to your new body. And it technically is still your body...just a little patched up. I didn't think you'd have a big issue with this...since you were so fascinated with robots and all that..." 

It finally clicked in my head. 

My mother had my body turned into half animatronic to keep me alive. 

All I could do was glare at her, she picked up that I was utterly mortified. "Now don't give me that look Y/n...you still have fully functional organs, you still have a human body, it's just fortified with metal now! Isn't that great? You'll recover in no time!" 

Recover? Does she really think I'll just fucking recover? I don't even know what the rest of my body, let alone my face, looks like. And I already know I'm a freak of nature. My body is going to be in pain for the rest of my life, I'll always be sick, I don't want to live like this...

"Move...the...cover", I was able to quietly mutter. My mother heard me and slowly removed the white sheet covering the rest of my body. 

A metal plate on the side of my stomach, one on my right thigh, two on my calves, and probably more that I couldn't see. My whole body was discolored and bruised. No wonder why I couldn't move at all. 

I stared at my disfigured body, terrified about my future, or if I'm going to have a future at all. My dream of going to college, making a life for myself, finding love? That's out the fucking window now. 

Is it even worth it? All this pain, it's not going to go away. 

People are going to shun me...

Disgusted.