-6- The Bitch Next Door

The next day Davie and I didn't go back to the Pizzaplex, which I was a little disappointed about. We just stayed at his apartment, well...I mostly just stayed at his apartment, He was out running errands for most of the day. I just sat around doodling, watching some TV, and fidgeting with the parts on my arm. When he came back, he bought groceries for a really nice dinner. He insisted that I just relax and he'll take care of dinner but, I ignored him and helped him cook dinner anyway.

I missed cooking, I used to do it a lot for Gio since my mom was either not around or too drunk off her ass to cook. I enjoyed it a lot though, It was nice being able to make something that someone else can enjoy as well.

We set the table and sat down to eat. Davie was about to take a bite before he froze and put his fork down.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"How stupid of me, I forgot the wine! I had it chilling in the fridge, one second." He got up and got the bottle of wine out of the fridge and brought it over. "Oh, do you drink? If not that's totally fine, more for me," He joked.

"It's alright, I'll take a small glass. I don't have the best relationship with alcohol but, I can't let her control me anymore," I responded, giving him my glass.

"Her?" He filled the glass little than halfway and placed it on the table near me.

"Yeah...my mom was a major alcoholic. It caused a lot of issues during my childhood." I took a sip of the fizzy cream-colored drink, "Moscato?"

He nodded as he poured himself his own glass and sat back down. "Uh-huh, one of my favorites. But uh, I wanted to ask you about something."

"Shoot," I said before shoving food into my mouth.

"Well, I e-mailed my boss today asking if we needed any help in the repair and assembling area in the pizzaplex and if he would be okay taking an internal hire. So basically what I'm saying is that I can easily get you a job at the pizzaplex with me. You would be doing repairs on the animatronics if they need them, modifications or upgrades, and just some general maintenance. I just wanted to ask you how you felt about it since the last time you worked on a machine..."

I swallowed my food and put down my fork before replying. "No no, it's fine. I would actually love to work with animatronics. I want to get working again. It would be a lot better than just sitting around here watching Hell's Kitchen. But wouldn't that mean I would have to work with other people?"

"Yes, But remember Steven? He would be someone you would work with. All the people I work with would be the people you'd be with as well, and they're all very kind people. I think they would absolutely welcome you with open arms."

I tapped my fingers and stared down at my empty plate thinking about how this would all play out. I would be able to get to know the animatronics better, find some people who aren't scared of me and maybe find some shit out about myself as well. It overall sounds like a good idea, I would be useful again.

"Alright, I think I could handle that, I would be able to just stay downstairs in the basement right? Not around all the customers and all that."

Davie nodded, "Yeah, I mean I don't really show up during open hours since all the work I do is stuff we can't do when there are people around. I usually show up around 11 pm unless they call me in earlier because of an issue. But you know, I think once you get to know everyone...I think your confidence will boost up pretty quickly."

"Pfft, good luck with that," I scoffed, "but okay, when would I start?"

"Well, today is Sunday, right? We have a staff meeting tomorrow, so you can come to sit in on that and kinda just listen to what's going on and all that. You most likely can start on Tuesday if that works for you."