Chapter 5

Naruto went back to the office the next day, so unfortunately for Boruto he wasn’t able to get any information from him. Made even worse by the fact that he wasn’t able to bring it up at the dinner table last night, since his mother and sister took any opportunity from him. Fortunately however, his fathers absence gave Boruto the opportunity to brainstorm ideas and theories without the risk of being told to train or do chores, since his mother rarely made him do any, and he’d already done the few consistent ones he has.
    Currently, Boruto was resting on the Hokage mountain, staring down at Konoha without really seeing, more caught up in his own thoughts, his burning questions and theories, than his surroundings. So he didn’t notice when Sarada appeared next to him, sitting down on his right and dangling his legs over the side of the mountain like he was doing. Her voice broke him out of his thoughts.

    “What are you thinking about? Is it about yesterday?” She glanced over at him from the corner of her eyes. 

    “Hm.” was all she got in reply. She sighed and pulled her legs back up, crossing them and placing her hands in her lap.

    “Come on Boruto, you really should just drop it,” she stated, shaking her head, “It's none of your business. For all you know it could just be a second house he owns, or a house he bought for a friend that he was visiting, or heck, maybe it belonged to someone elderly that he was taking food and supplies to. I really think you’re overthinking things.”

    Boruto gave her a look. “For someone as smart as you claim you are, that was probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why the hell would my dad buy a second house that none of us knew about? That’s just stupid. Secondly, why buy a house for a friend? Shouldn’t they be able to buy one themselves? I doubt houses on the outskirts of Konoha are expensive. And thirdly, I highly doubt an old person lives there. The garden in the yard was way too pristine for someone who’s too old to leave their house, and my dad rarely gets off work- sometimes he works for months upon months without a day off so that theory goes straight out of the window.”
    Sarada frowns. “Alright, I guess those are fair points. What did you come up with then? You were thinking pretty hard a few minutes ago.”

    Boruto hummed and cupped his cheek, leaning on his arm. “Not really. Although the design of the house throws me for a loop.”

    “How so?” Sarada asked, intrigued. 

    “You didn’t notice? The house looked alot like your house in terms of design. If not a bit stretched out on the sides and without the clan symbols on the house, windows taking their place. Not to mention the obvious garden.”

    “Oh,” Sarada turned thoughtful, “oh yeah, you’re right. That is strange. I guess I was too busy with you to really pay attention.” Boruto rolled his eyes. 

    “Yeah well, I'm not letting this go any time soon.”

    “Well I think you’re going to have to, we start attending the academy again soon, not to mention the Chunin exams are going to start as well. You’ll be too busy to think over this.”

    “Speaking of,” Boruto raised his head, “when do we go back?”

    Sarada looked up at the sky, “Uh, today’s saturday right? So… this upcoming Monday, I think. And then my father returns this Friday.”

    “Heck yeah,” Boruto grinned, “maybe this time I can actually convince him to train me instead of dad!” Sarada deadpanned.

    “Unlikely.”

    “It could happen!”

    “Nope. I very much doubt that.”

    “Man, you suck.” Boruto pouted.

    “No I don’t! You suck!”

    “No, you!”

    “You!”

    “You!”