Chapter 19

Good grief, Sasuke was actually doing this. Menma had finally convinced him to go and at least TRY to talk to Sakura. Well, more like forced, saying:

    “I won’t let you come visit me anymore if you don’t.”

    Needless to say, Sasuke gave in. He opened the front door to the house he ‘shared’ with Sakura and immediately ducked as an object went flying at him.

    “What the fuck do you want, cheater!?” Sakura shrieked. Throwing another object at the raven haired man. He ducked again.

    “Were you not listening? Kakashi-Sensei clearly said we were drunk.” Sasuke squinted in annoyance. 

    “Drunk or not, it’s still cheating! I will not have an unfaithful husband!” Sakura threw another object at him. Sasuke rolled his eyes and side-stepped it. 

    “Well then maybe you should marry someone else,” he deadpanned. 

    “What are you implying,” Sakura growled, glaring at him. “that we get a divorce?”

    Sasuke shrugged, “If that will get you a ‘Faithful Husband’ then sure. I wouldn’t mind one.”

    “I can’t believe you,” Sakura scoffed and walked out of the walkway and further into the house. “Get out.” She yelled behind her.

    Sasuke didn’t need to be told twice. He left the way he came, both Sakura and Sasuke slamming their doors shut at the same time.

~~~~~~~~

    When Naruto was sure Menma wasn’t in any pain or discomfort, Tsunade promptly kicked him out. So Menma could rest, she said. He’d had a very eventful 24 hours. Naruto couldn’t disagree with that. They had all had an eventful day.
    Naruto ended up making his way home sometime after seven, thirty minutes after Sasuke had gone to talk with Sakura. He wondered how that was going. No matter, he had his own talk with Hinata to worry about. Once he got home he stopped in the entryway to take off his coat and shoes. He hadn’t even taken his coat off when Hinata entered the walkway. 

    “Welcome home, Naruto,” Hinata smiled, “Would you like some tea before we start?”

    “Uhm,” Naruto gulped nervously. An enormous weight had been lifted off his shoulders earlier, and Hinata had seemed very understanding, but who knew what she would be like now that the children are out of the way. No he shouldn’t doubt her like that, he should know by now what kind of person Hinata is. “Please?”
    She nodded, still smiling and walked off to the kitchen to prepare the tea. It was hot and ready on the kitchen table when he finally entered the room. She was already seated at the table, calmly sipping on her own tea when he finally sat down. He nervously took a sip of his tea.
    She placed her cup on the table and stayed silent for a few more moments, thinking. Making Naruto even more nervous. He was starting to sweat a little bit, she really knew how to stress a guy out.

    “So,” Hinata finally said, breaking the silence, “I just have one question for you, Naruto.”

    “Y-yes?” his voice betrayed his fear. She gave him an apologetic look.

    “Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you nervous,” she apologized. Naruto cleared his throat, shaking his head and taking another sip of tea. 

    “No, no no, you’re not,” She wasn’t convinced. “Please, your question?”

    “Yes right,” she hummed, she raised the cup to her lips, “are you still in love with Sasuke?” She took a sip of tea as she watched Naruto nearly spit his own tea out. “W-what?” Of all the questions she could have asked, he did not expect that one.